Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Service at CLT?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Service at CLT?

I'm scheduled to fly out of CLT Monday night at 6pm. Currently the airport is experiencing the AA / PSA meltdown. My flight is showing as ontime but can anyone confirm that Delta is handling things there? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:27 pm

What does an AA/PSA meltdown today have to do with DL operations tomorrow? Have you checked DL's on-time arrival and/or departure percentage today?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dansachs
I'm scheduled to fly out of CLT Monday night at 6pm. Currently the airport is experiencing the AA / PSA meltdown. My flight is showing as ontime but can anyone confirm that Delta is handling things there? Thanks in advance.
AA's meltdown will have no effect on DL operations, but lines might be longer if AA is rebooking their passengers on DL flights (I doubt it though).
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
What does an AA/PSA meltdown today have to do with DL operations tomorrow? Have you checked DL's on-time arrival and/or departure percentage today?
You're right of course, but AA is such a big player at CLT that it's not out of the question for the airport to be adversely affected when AA has a shutdown. As I said, the website has the flight as being on time but that's not as reassuring to me as from hearing from someone there. The meltdown is not just today. It started Thursday night, there have been back-and-forths on it being over, and then not being over. Latest news is till noon on Monday but I've heard that before. Meanwhile no one is saying precisely what the problem is.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
To clarify, it’s not AA mainline but rather their wholly-owned subsidiary PSA. It’s a sizeable chunk of flights, but prob less then a quarter of all AA traffic @ CLT.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joeyE
To clarify, it’s not AA mainline but rather their wholly-owned subsidiary PSA. It’s a sizeable chunk of flights, but prob less then a quarter of all AA traffic @ CLT.
Thanks, did not realize that. Local media is pretty doom-and-gloom about this. Guess it'll be OK.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Everything was normal on Friday afternoon (first day of the meltdown). Heard quite a few pax commenting they hadn't been to this section of CLT in years, so seems like AA is rebooking on DL.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
Everything was normal on Friday afternoon (first day of the meltdown). Heard quite a few pax commenting they hadn't been to this section of CLT in years, so seems like AA is rebooking on DL.
Thanks. I'll follow up Monday and let you folk know what I find.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:33 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
or PSA passengers are just taking refunds and self-rebooking.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

At gate, breezed through check-in. Normal TSA lines. No evidence of any problems. Yes, I'm at the gate three hours before the flight!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:42 pm

At gate, breezed through check-in. Normal TSA lines. No evidence of any problems. Yes, I'm at the gate three hours before the flight!
Ouch, especially since there's no SkyClub or PP lounge. CLT is a dump.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by WWads
Ouch, especially since there's no SkyClub or PP lounge. CLT is a dump.
DCA is a dump.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:23 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
narrator voice: Every airport is a dump.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by scottsam66
DCA is a dump.
Yeah, if you get there hours before your flight, and don’t have SC access.

It’s meant to be an efficient curb to gate airport, the best in the country in that category IMO.
pvn likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scottsam66
DCA is a dump.
Really?

KDCAflyer, calrick and TetonSig like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.