Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Westjet operated, Delta marketed flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet operated, Delta marketed flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Thanks, should have added no status.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 5:21 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by strickers
Any recent experience of baggage on this. Delta Miles booking on WestJet, Delta app says I have a bag WestJet says no and I can’t add one online.
Have been regularly getting baggage fees waived as a silver medallion, both Skymiles redemption on Westjet and paid tickets.

Also checking in on this thread to note that you no longer have to call in for the Westjet target code to check-in/choose seats on the Westjet site (when booked as a DL flight with Skymiles redemption)... now it will also accept the Delta 6-character reservation code directly in the Westjet site (there is still a separate Westjet code that you can call in for, but it doesn't seem to be necessary).

Finally making some progress.

Last edited by SoroSuub1; Jan 1, 2024 at 8:59 pm
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:34 am

I was just browsing some flights to YYZ on WestJet and I noticed that if using miles that takeoff 15 no longer seems to apply whereas just last month it was available. I checked a few different dates in June, August, and October of this year.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OrangeRange
I was just browsing some flights to YYZ on WestJet and I noticed that if using miles that takeoff 15 no longer seems to apply whereas just last month it was available. I checked a few different dates in June, August, and October of this year.
Takeoff 15 discount is only supposed to apply to Delta metal awards. If they were showing for WS metal previously, it was likely a mistake that has since been corrected.

"Take 15% off when booking Award Travel with miles on Delta flights with your Delta SkyMiles® Gold, Gold Business, Platinum, Platinum Business, Reserve or Reserve Business American Express Card.*

*Terms apply.  Discount not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees."
OrangeRange likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by OrangeRange
I fly to Canada monthly. I’ve never seen the 15% discount if there is a Westjet component. Same with PWM.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Takeoff 15 discount is only supposed to apply to Delta metal awards. If they were showing for WS metal previously, it was likely a mistake that has since been corrected.

"Take 15% off when booking Award Travel with miles on Delta flights with your Delta SkyMiles® Gold, Gold Business, Platinum, Platinum Business, Reserve or Reserve Business American Express Card.*

*Terms apply.  Discount not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees."
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I fly to Canada monthly. I’ve never seen the 15% discount if there is a Westjet component. Same with PWM.
Perhaps my eyes were deceiving me or I wasn't paying attention to which flights were DL operated in the search.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:22 pm

I've been assuming that I'd be able to check my bags all the way through on my JFK>LAX(DL)>YYC(WS)>YYJ(WS) and that since the first leg is DL, my bags would be covered. Will I have a problem?

(Yeah, the itinerary sucks but it was too cheap to pass up.)
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by justDave
I've been assuming that I'd be able to check my bags all the way through on my JFK>LAX(DL)>YYC(WS)>YYJ(WS) and that since the first leg is DL, my bags would be covered. Will I have a problem?

Yes, should be able to check through to YYJ.
justDave likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by justDave

No problem with bags. Only thing I'm not sure, )I haven't connected domestic at YYC) you may need to collect bags and recheck at YYC. Canada some airports/airlines you do/some you don't. Just pay attention to what ground staff upon arrival tell you to do.
justDave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.