Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Diamond Service/Support - always disaster or it's just me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Service/Support - always disaster or it's just me?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You're talking about a SDC change. Yes, those are 24 hours exactly. The way you posted you were talking about the policy allowing free refund/changes till midnight day after purchase.
My apologies, I thought I typed out a lucid thought; sometimes I type faster than my brain can register and I forget to go back and edit.

I'll blame it on many years of JetA fumes ... or too many brain cells lost to adult beverages in my younger years
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Just to give you an update on my experience conclusion.
I got a phone call from DL Customer Care 40 days past I submitted my complaint. They offered 600 EUR mandatory compensation (EU261/2004) and 63% ($150) of an overnight accommodation costs at an airport Courtyard San Diego ($237) that I booked last minute for myself due to a very late arrival. I then asked if they wish to offer additional goodwill compensation besides what they're mandated by the law and was given 10,000 miles.

I would let you judge how good that was.

Overall I'm more than satisfied with the compensation, but that's all basically thanks to good EU customer protection laws.
TheHorta likes this.

Last edited by urww; Aug 23, 2018 at 7:17 am
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Loadmaster
My apologies, I thought I typed out a lucid thought; sometimes I type faster than my brain can register and I forget to go back and edit.

I'll blame it on many years of JetA fumes ... or too many brain cells lost to adult beverages in my younger years
Now that’s how a man owns-up and apologizes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.