Wiki Posts
Search

Delta One 767-300 seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Delta One 767-300 seat selection

My husband and I will be flying internationally in Delta One from DTW-MUC on a 767-300. He is 6’4”, what would be the best seats for us? Is it true the 1st row has larger room for your feet? Is this also true for the middle row in 1B and 1C? I realize there may be noise or light from the bathrooms/galley, but we are fine with that if there is more room. Any other differences?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jk928
My husband and I will be flying internationally in Delta One from DTW-MUC on a 767-300. He is 6’4”, what would be the best seats for us? Is it true the 1st row has larger room for your feet? Is this also true for the middle row in 1B and 1C?
Yes the bulkhead seat has a larger footwell.
jk928 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Yes, row 1 has larger foot wells.

I wear a size 12 (US) shoe and I basically am not comfortable anywhere but row 1.
jk928 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
My husband and I will be flying internationally in Delta One from DTW-MUC on a 767-300. He is 6’4”, what would be the best seats for us? Is it true the 1st row has larger room for your feet? Is this also true for the middle row in 1B and 1C? I realize there may be noise or light from the bathrooms/galley, but we are fine with that if there is more room. Any other differences?
All row 1 seats have a slightly larger footwell... but it's also true that in every other row, the seats closest to the aisle offer a footwell that is partially open to the aisle... so you actually have a bit more lateral space.
jk928 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Avoid row 6 as it has no window.
jk928 likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jun 5, 2018 at 12:13 am
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Like others have stated, the footwell is significantly larger in all row 1 seats. I am 6'5" and wear size 13 shoes and when I travel with my wife I always take 1B and 1C if available. I sat in row 2 on a daytime flight from Europe once, and it wasn't nearly as comfortable in the lie-flat mode. I would even consider splitting up with my wife if only 1 seat were available in row 1 for a nighttime flight.
TastyPlaneEats and jk928 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I'd go with 1A
jk928 and N102DA like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Avoid row 5 as it has no window.
It's row 6 that has the missing/misaligned window.
jk928 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
It's row 6 that has the missing/misaligned window.
indeed, my mistake. Sorry about that. I have edited my post.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
I currently have 1B, 1C, but three other members of family are in economy. I am thinking of moving back to 7BC so we are closer if anything comes up. I know we’ll lose the larger foot wells, but otherwise, is there any downside to 7BC as compared to other middle rows?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ajggiant
I currently have 1B, 1C, but three other members of family are in economy. I am thinking of moving back to 7BC so we are closer if anything comes up. I know we’ll lose the larger foot wells, but otherwise, is there any downside to 7BC as compared to other middle rows?
Order of meal choice could come into play, if that's important, but other than the footwells and location I don't think there's any other physical difference.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
6'2 flew 767-300 to Lima earlier this summer sat in Row 1 A window. Plenty of room to stretch out and sleep. Can't speak for the row 1 middle seats but everything I read said that the two row 1 window seats had the most leg room. You just cannot sit together which you should be aware of if you are not already. Have a nice trip.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:24 pm

Hi -

jk928, welcome to Flyertalk.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
With Delta now offering pre-selection of meals on all inbound and outbound flights in Delta One business-class the seat location doesn't matter as much anymore. I used to go for a seat on the port or A side of the aircraft because the purser typically worked front-to-back on the 767s starting with this aisle. 1A is great for a daytime flight, but the lights and noise from the lavatory and galley is too much for an overnight flight.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The odd numbered seats on the right hand side of the plane are recessed away from the aisle, so you won't get bumped and jostled by passers-by and/or the flight crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.