Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-PVG 350 route

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
LAX-PVG 350 route

So DL has announced LAX-PVG as a new 350 route. Looking at the schedule, the flight departs LAX at 1 pm, arrives PVG at 550 pm, departs PVG at 815 pm, arrives LAX at 520 pm. I cant believe the plane is going to sit overnight unused at LAX. Could it be used on an early red eye to the east coast and with a quick turn still be back in LAX in time for the PVG departure.
Is there another LAX-Asia flight that shares the 350?
I can see that the plane may be shared on the PVG end with the DTW flights.
I know the Australian airlines have planes sitting all day at LAX with the early morning arrivals and late evening departures.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Perhaps a Hawaii route?
Old May 19, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Perhaps a Hawaii route?
Very highly doubt that. The flight arrives in LAX at 5:20 and most of the last HI flights leave about 6pm which would make it a tight turn. Also since the plane leaves LAX at 1pm, the return from HI would need to be a red-eye so I highly doubt that Hawaii will see the A350. DL has not put the A350 on one domestic route so far (theres one in July from DTW-LAX as a one/off repositioning flight but none scheduled after this) so I highly doubt that A350 domestic flying to keep the planes from sitting on the ground is high on DLs priority list right now.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I can't picture DL wanting to run this route on the same A350 every single day. Maybe they plan to put it on the LAX-ATL route.
​​
Old May 19, 2018, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I can't picture DL wanting to run this route on the same A350 every single day. Maybe they plan to put it on the LAX-ATL route.
​​
Only place I believe it would go is DTW. Anywhere else risks being short an A350 if something happens. DTW can send another A350 in its place. ATL/JFK an A350 would need to be flown to from DTW, pickup passengers, and continue to LAX.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
​​
Delta already has 350 service on DTW-PVG and can rotate the plane back into the system through Shanghai rather than LAX. If they choose to add the 350 to a shorter LAX route, it will be for utilization rather than aircraft rotation.
Old May 19, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mot29
So DL has announced LAX-PVG as a new 350 route. Looking at the schedule, the flight departs LAX at 1 pm, arrives PVG at 550 pm, departs PVG at 815 pm, arrives LAX at 520 pm. I cant believe the plane is going to sit overnight unused at LAX. Could it be used on an early red eye to the east coast and with a quick turn still be back in LAX in time for the PVG departure.
Is there another LAX-Asia flight that shares the 350?
I can see that the plane may be shared on the PVG end with the DTW flights.
I know the Australian airlines have planes sitting all day at LAX with the early morning arrivals and late evening departures.
There is a thread on an airline pilots forum talking about pilot issues with the A350. It could be they simply dont have enough A350 pilots yet to support a domestic turn at LAX.

Apparently, A350 pilots are making serious $$$ with green slips.
Old May 19, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by sleuth
Apparently, A350 pilots are making serious $$$ with green slips.

What is a green slip?
Old May 19, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
What is a green slip?
essentially pilot overtime pick-up, in Delta parlance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.