Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM on partner ticketed DL operated flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
If I purchase ticket from china eastern with a ticket number start with 781, but it is a code-share and actually operated by DL, what will my earn rate of MQM be?
Searched a lot on DL website. But for my situation it is not partner MU earning rate since it is operated by DL, nor DL published fare, nor DL unpublished fare since DL website says unpublished fare earning rate only applys to ticket number start with 007.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All that matters is the marketing carrier indicated by the first two letters of the flight number. Ticketing and operating carrier does not matter (as long as they are both Skyteam). What are the first two letters of the flight number and the fare class for your flights? Assuming they start with MU, then you use the MU earnings table on the partner page of delta.com to calculate MQM's. You need to click on the box that says "MILEAGE EARN ON/AFTER JAN 1, 2018".
Old May 17, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
LBJ Is correct. The marketing carrier is all that matters. You'll earn miles/dollars according to the China Eastern table at delta.com so long as the flights are also operated by a SkyTeam carrier.

It's actually much easier and more straightforward with this new rule in place.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
Old May 17, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LBJ
All that matters is the marketing carrier indicated by the first two letters of the flight number. Ticketing and operating carrier does not matter (as long as they are both Skyteam). What are the first two letters of the flight number and the fare class for your flights? Assuming they start with MU, then you use the MU earnings table on the partner page of delta.com to calculate MQM's. You need to click on the box that says "MILEAGE EARN ON/AFTER JAN 1, 2018".
What happens if a schedule change results in the marketing carrier to change? I have an upcoming flight that was purchased as marketed by KLM (operated by DL) but after a recent schedule change is now DL marketed. Does the original marketing carrier control or would the MQM accrual rate shift to DL?
Old May 17, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by JAeX
What happens if a schedule change results in the marketing carrier to change? I have an upcoming flight that was purchased as marketed by KLM (operated by DL) but after a recent schedule change is now DL marketed. Does the original marketing carrier control or would the MQM accrual rate shift to DL?
You will have to request OMCC. <g>
Old May 17, 2018, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mnbp
You will have to request OMCC. <g>
What is OMCC?
Old May 17, 2018, 1:59 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by JAeX
My guess is that you'll get DL credit if you do nothing but you should be eligible to claim ORC since it wasn't a voluntary change.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:06 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
You could (and probably should) call in and ask for it to be switched back to the KLM flight numbers (assuming there are KLM flight numbers) in advance. This may require reissuing the ticket, and the Delta agent in the US may need to involve a KLM agent from somewhere to get it done correctly. For that reason it may take a little while for them to process it.

I had to do a similar thing for a mixed DL/AF itinerary, and it took a few tries for them to get it right.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kpbadger
You could (and probably should) call in and ask for it to be switched back to the KLM flight numbers (assuming there are KLM flight numbers) in advance. This may require reissuing the ticket, and the Delta agent in the US may need to involve a KLM agent from somewhere to get it done correctly. For that reason it may take a little while for them to process it.

I had to do a similar thing for a mixed DL/AF itinerary, and it took a few tries for them to get it right.
There is zero reason to go to this trouble. Simply request ORC and it'll be credited as you bought it.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What is OMCC?
OMCC <g>
- a bit of a joke. Original Marketing Carrier Credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.