Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Cabin Crew Ever

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TurfGuy
All I wanted was coffee at 6:30 AM. I get pretty cranky w/o it. In flght service was just as bad. One cup of coffee and never saw them again on a 2 hr. flt. From 2C.
Did you try ringing your call button to ask (politely) for more coffee?
Old May 16, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
On DL5197 this morning from JAX - LGA. Push back at 7:02, 2 minutes early, but ATC hold till 7:44.
That is an Endeavor Air flight. FlightAware says you arriving at LGA on time, so the ground hold is built into the schedule, and probably liquid, e.g. ATC could call the flight to the runway at any moment. That is why no PDB anyway. Inflight, while flying F, you can ask the FA for anything they have on hand, at any time. I don't see what the problem is here at all.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:40 am
Suspended

Clearly, you have never flown Norwegian and enjoyed the pleasure of their contracted/subcontracted crews composed of Filipino migrant workers.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:46 am

All I wanted was coffee at 6:30 AM. I get pretty cranky w/o it. In flght service was just as bad. One cup of coffee and never saw them again on a 2 hr. flt. From 2C.
Never saw them again? What'd they do? Hide in coach?
Old May 16, 2018, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Never saw them again? What'd they do? Hide in coach?
on the regionals, I have experienced this many times on DL & AA. One drink service for FC and then the FC FA goes to the back to help with YC beverage service and then the two FA's just stay in the back galley chatting until the landing announcement.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
DL Charter DM/3.1 MM
If this is your worst crew I need to fly with you more often!

1) Use the call bell when in the air if you feel service isn't appropriate.
2) Do people really expect PDBs after pushback, even during groundstops? I think we've all had these at some point and it's not uncommon for holds to be lifted early, so I doubt the guys in the front office want to have to hang around if they're given the go ahead because the cabin needs to be readied for departure.
3) JAX doesn't have a coffee shop?
Old May 16, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I am calling this thread out.

When I read or hear:

”worst”
”ever”
”always”
”never”

etc - with regard to a particular experience, I recognize the op has a narrow focus. It’s usually about blowing off steam and has little to do with objectivity.
GRALISTAIR, apeortdz, pvn and 5 others like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
OP's profile says that he/she is a DM with 3.1 MM, so with all that flying I'm surprised at this thread. And ring the FA call button next time if you want a coffee refill...that's what it's there for!
Old May 16, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
JAX has both a SkyClub and a Starbucks where you could have picked up some coffee prior to heading to the gate.

Originally Posted by james318
I am so confused on how this is the worst cabin crew ever. Perhaps there was no service during the group stop because they could have ended up cleared for takeoff at anytime if the ground stop was lifted.
This is an FT rant. Logic isn't allowed.

Originally Posted by audidudi
OP's profile says that he/she is a DM with 3.1 MM
I always get amused when people who claim to be 1MM, 2MMs, 3MMs, etc. come in and rant about something as "worst ____ ever" and it's something I've experienced multiple times in my ~700,000 lifetime miles of flying across various lifetimes and I'm also amused by how oblivious such supposed frequent flyers can be to flight operations for supposedly having so much experience flying.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
Originally Posted by boeingguy1
I was on a United flight EWR-MIA last summer, delayed a few hours. Upon boarding, the FAs were literally screaming at each other over time issues (maybe duty limits?).

At least yours were friendly to one another

I'm sure you were quite surprised when you saw that your desired user name was already taken! I had a complete double take while scrolling this thread
Old May 16, 2018, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I guess OP hasn't stepped on-board a United aircraft if this was his/her worst ever.
muji, hi55us and boeingguy1 like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
My flight yesterday from ATH > JFK in D1 was pretty blah, but certainly not the worst. The FA on my side was older, I'm guessing at least mid-60's, and was pretty haggared-looking, but she wasn't altogether unpleasant. I try to turn frowns upside-down, so I always thanked her when she did anything for me, which she responded with a smile and a "You're welcome." That said, the entire 10.5 hour D1 experience was lackluster. All of the FAs seemed off their game, and it started at the top with the purser, so that might have set the tone. A LOT of little details went unnoticed and unattended to, which was disappointing. That generally lackluster demeanor lasted from PDB through to wheels-down.

I LOVE when a purser is energetic, humorous, and enthusiastic. It really seems to set the tone for all of the crew and the flight becomes an enjoyable experience.

On a different note, I was surprised at how good the FAs were on Aegean on my SOF > ATH flight Sunday night. They looked great, had a contagious smile, and -- for a discount airline -- really went the extra mile to make everyone feel special. DL could learn something.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:56 pm

DTs started quickly didn't they?

This thread should be nominated for "useless whine of the month"

(The OP needs to be grateful that's his "worst" not whining and tempting fate)
Old May 16, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by BearX220
That is an Endeavor Air flight. FlightAware says you arriving at LGA on time, so the ground hold is built into the schedule, and probably liquid, e.g. ATC could call the flight to the runway at any moment. That is why no PDB anyway. Inflight, while flying F, you can ask the FA for anything they have on hand, at any time. I don't see what the problem is here at all.
None of that explains why a PDB could not have been done prior to door closing and pushback.

Worst crew ever? Nah.
Crime against humanity? Nah.
Lazy crew? Most likely.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:47 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by apodo77
Lazy crew? Most likely.
As to whether or not beverages / snax should have been offered while sitting in the penalty box for takeoff . . . . .

Is that a decision that the FAs make, or, do they hafto clear that with the Captain (I suspect)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.