Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330 Comfort Plus

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
A330 Comfort Plus

My wife and I are flying MSP- AMS this summer on an A330 in Comfort +. 14GH. My last time on a 330 was to London in regular economy on NW and it was a good experience (but it was in February, not peak season.) Any comments, suggestions, hints on the experience? We are connecting to CPH on KLM. Thanks in advance!

Pogopossum
Old May 11, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Order the salad. If you want Woodford / prosecco order a double early because they tend to run out.

Otherwise it's no different than any other Y TATL experience on DL (aka solid and better than the competition). Sincd you are in C+, they'll give you eyeshades and a mini amenity bag that has a toothbrush in it
Old May 11, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pogopossum
My wife and I are flying MSP- AMS this summer on an A330 in Comfort +. 14GH. My last time on a 330 was to London in regular economy on NW and it was a good experience (but it was in February, not peak season.) Any comments, suggestions, hints on the experience? We are connecting to CPH on KLM. Thanks in advance!

Pogopossum
Are there not seats available together on the 2 seat side of the plane? I love the 767 and A330 in Y when I can get a seat on the 2 seat side as its a very comfortable ride.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by Duke787
Order the salad. If you want Woodford / prosecco order a double early because they tend to run out.

Otherwise it's no different than any other Y TATL experience on DL (aka solid and better than the competition). Sincd you are in C+, they'll give you eyeshades and a mini amenity bag that has a toothbrush in it
i believe y has the sleep kits now too, not just c+
Old May 12, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Are there not seats available together on the 2 seat side of the plane? .

This. Take the two seats on the side, unless they are not available. Perhaps you choose the seats you choose because you each wanted an aisle, but I think you will enjoy having the privacy of the two seats. Also, if the two seats in row 10, the bulkhead, are available, I prefer these. There is enough room in front of you that the person in the window can squeeze out without the aisle person getting up, and there is no seat in front of you reclining into you. Only downside is no under-seat storage, so everything has to go up for takeoff and landing.
Old May 12, 2018, 7:23 am

Flew on it last month in C+. Very nice flight and much better than Virgin extra space seats on the way over (JFK - LHR)
Old May 12, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: DL DM
The OP seems to have expectations. It is coach with a little more legroom and a little more recline. Exat same seat as economy. Free adult beverages same as economy. You may get a little more FA attention than economy, but not a lot. Of course, you are more forward in the air craft than economy. If you don’t have expectations, you cannot be disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, overall it is better than economy, but just not a big deal.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:02 am

It does surprise me that they don't do more to differentiate the product anymore, especially with it being its own fare class. I realize that this overall a good thing in that the differentiation was lost because they added services to main cabin (like free drinks for all, amenity kit, etc). I don't actually know what they could do, maybe priority security & luggage? Probably many C+ pax are already getting that, so it would not be a major increase.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by runningformqm

i believe y has the sleep kits now too, not just c+
The Y kits are missing the toothbrush, but are otherwise identical. This makes it the only service difference in C+ for international (other than the odds of getting first meal choice because C+ is served first).
Duke787 likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by BenA
The Y kits are missing the toothbrush, but are otherwise identical. This makes it the only service difference in C+ for international (other than the odds of getting first meal choice because C+ is served first).
Well, and I realize I started this with the comment before yours, it IS important to remember the extra leg room and recline. I suppose those are the real actual differences that matter.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Well, and I realize I started this with the comment before yours, it IS important to remember the extra leg room and recline. I suppose those are the real actual differences that matter.
Exactly. Everything else is inconsequential. Amenity kit? Whatever. Anyone on a Frequent Flyer forum likely already has their own superior eyemasks and either earplugs or noise cancelling headphones. The extra legroom and recline is what matters.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ethernal
Exactly. Everything else is inconsequential. Amenity kit? Whatever. Anyone on a Frequent Flyer forum likely already has their own superior eyemasks and either earplugs or noise cancelling headphones. The extra legroom and recline is what matters.
I agree but merely calling out the toothbrush you get in C+. I actually like getting it because I can use it on the plane and throw it away instead of using my own travel toothbrush
Old May 12, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
This. Take the two seats on the side, unless they are not available. Perhaps you choose the seats you choose because you each wanted an aisle, but I think you will enjoy having the privacy of the two seats. Also, if the two seats in row 10, the bulkhead, are available, I prefer these. There is enough room in front of you that the person in the window can squeeze out without the aisle person getting up, and there is no seat in front of you reclining into you. Only downside is no under-seat storage, so everything has to go up for takeoff and landing.
I strongly second the comments about seats 10AB and 10HJ. I sometimes choose my flights or day of travel based on the availability of those seats.
Old May 12, 2018, 1:11 pm

It does surprise me that they don't do more to differentiate the product anymore, especially with it being its own fare class. I realize that this overall a good thing in that the differentiation was lost because they added services to main cabin (like free drinks for all, amenity kit, etc). I don't actually know what they could do, maybe priority security & luggage? Probably many C+ pax are already getting that, so it would not be a major increase.
It's a good product already and often sold out 1-2 weeks before flight on international routes. If anything, Delta should charge more or limit free PM upgrades, not improve it.

If you want more, get real PE or J.

DL managed to do what other airlines could not for me -- I actually do not mind flying in Y when I can not get J as long as I am in C+ or exit row seat. Comfortable seat, good food, reliable WiFi and free drinks (especially proseco splits while they last) --what's not to like? And overall good on time performance and generally good IRROPs resolution.
Duke787 likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by AntonS
If you want more, get real PE or J.
I did not say that I want more, I'm just saying that I'm surprised that they don't offer any difference in soft product, and then in the next comment I explained that I had thought about it more and realized that the hard product is really all that matters here.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.