Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How to get more Job Well Done thank you certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get more Job Well Done thank you certificates

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
I don't have one of those to give a flight attendant, but I've had at least two go out of their way for me - a lowly Gold - and I wish I could have done more than just say thank you. Although, in all honestly, it was a heartfelt thanks.
Can always use "Comment/Complaint" to send in some kind words, you'll get a response,too.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
For me, I see when people are doing exceptional service/attitude. I gave one to a person that was directing people are they came out of the ATL customs area. I was waiting for someone for about 15 minutes, and the person was just super friendly, enthusiastic and great energy. She was shocked and didn't even know what it was.

Usually, I'm given them to check-in counter agents or FAs that did some extra special or just really had great attitude. Everyone is very thankful for it and happy, so I'm shocked it's just worth $5 in value.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Most of mine goto phone agents. Makes it impossible to do the gift card option.
rogo likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Simple. Go to Dollar General store they sell thank you card 2 for $1.00. Then go to Starbucks and buy $100 worth of $5.00 gift cards: https://www.starbucks.com/card

Insert a gift card and write a personal note to amazing Delta FA.

Delta is being cheap - we don't have to be. I give one of these or one with a $5.00 Amazon gift cards on almost every single Delta flight I fly!
This is a great idea. Thank you.
Renes Points likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
If "going above and beyond" doesn't generate many candidates for you with a JWD certificate why not be a little more objective - ask yourself "did any Delta employee do something today that fundamentally made my travel easier or less stressful?" If you still can't find a candidate you should probably rush home and shout at the kids to get off your lawn...
Old May 13, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Most just say thank you as I depart or before landing. The best reaction was last year on a regional jet when the FA said it was the first thank you card in 20 years. These folks bust it for us and I really appreciate them.
I believe that the JWD certs are not useful to regional jet crews, just mainline Delta employees .
Old May 13, 2018, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by Slow learner
If "going above and beyond" doesn't generate many candidates for you with a JWD certificate why not be a little more objective - ask yourself "did any Delta employee do something today that fundamentally made my travel easier or less stressful?" If you still can't find a candidate you should probably rush home and shout at the kids to get off your lawn...
So what you are saying is give it to anyone who is actually attempting to do their job well. I actually find travel normally very easy and stress free. The only times I find it even remotely stressful is when a delta employee is making it that way. Luckily they are easy to ignore.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Maybe

Originally Posted by angra
anyone know what they are really worth in monetary terms to the recipient?

Actual current employees would know better but a couple of years ago I had a cancelled flight and found myself on the hotel shuttle with the flight crew. I asked the FA next to me about JWD certificates. She said that they were greatly appreciated, that they got points in an online system for them, that a certificate was worth around $20 in things they could choose. She also said that short haul staff tended to do much better than long haul, for the simple reason that they interact with more passengers.

I do love giving them out and wish Delta gave us more.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets

~$5
You would know, but I am surprised. I once gave one to a phone agent and it required reading the number etc. but she seemed particularly happy.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by RobertS975
I believe that the JWD certs are not useful to regional jet crews, just mainline Delta employees .
Read upstream in thread (not talking JWD). I give a thank you card with a $5 Starbucks or Amazon gift cards to regional Delta folks. As a random side bit of info, Starbucks cards are good just about worldwide so I give to other Skyteam FAs as well (AeroMexico, KLM etc). Amazon cards are only USA so Delta folks tend to get those from me.

JWD certs I tend to give to phone reps when they help with SkyMiles awards. I also give them to Twitter reps and they really appreciate it.

In addition to the value of a JWD, and maybe Widgets can confirm, I think the ones who get the most each year also get some kind of recognition from Delta?
Old May 14, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by RobertS975
You're correct. Mainline only. If you give oe to anyone else, it's like throwing it in the trash.

You can give one to a phone agent - just give them the number. I'va also had a situation where I wanted to give one to someone and didn't have it with me. I emailed the number to their Delta email.
Old May 14, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
It might be directly worth only $5 cash towards stuff, but getting it also makes the employee look good.
Widgets likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:32 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by pvn
I also did not get any in my DM package, I called the diamond desk last week and asked to have more sent out, the guy said the only way to do it was to request a new DM packet. Supposedly it's on the way, I'll let you know if there are and JWDs in there when it arrives.
Just got the 2nd packet, this time JWD certificates were included.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
The regional crew members that I've given the JWD in the past, were very happy with them and knew exactly what they were. So I assume there's a way for them to redeem them.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Just read this. My original DM packet didn't have JWD certs. So the consensus is that I should request another packet? Looks like I'm not the only one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.