Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

My BP is Sky Priority/Elite Plus, but my zone is 2?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Which group do I board with? I thought on AF metal, Gold Medallion boarded with Sky Priority. My BP says Sky Priority and Gold/ElitePlus at the top, but lists zone 2 as my boarding zone. What's that about?

Also, as I was checking in tonight, I had seat 50E reserved for months. I checked the seat map to see if anything better was available (no), then when I move on to print the BP, suddenly it said 23E (when moments before I was 50E on the seat map). Of course, I went right back, and naturally, 50E was gone. PIA, but could be worse, I guess.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Which group do I board with? I thought on AF metal, Gold Medallion boarded with Sky Priority. My BP says Sky Priority and Gold/ElitePlus at the top, but lists zone 2 as my boarding zone. What's that about?

Also, as I was checking in tonight, I had seat 50E reserved for months. I checked the seat map to see if anything better was available (no), then when I move on to print the BP, suddenly it said 23E (when moments before I was 50E on the seat map). Of course, I went right back, and naturally, 50E was gone. PIA, but could be worse, I guess.
27 rows closer to the exit sounds like a bonus to me! What was so special about 50E that you wanted it back?
Old May 5, 2018, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by audidudi
27 rows closer to the exit sounds like a bonus to me! What was so special about 50E that you wanted it back?
Row 50 in this particular 777-300 is where the side rows narrow from 3 to 2 seats each because of the narrowing of the plane body. That creates extra room in the aisle, so fewer people bumping into me. I really don't mind being near the last to debark; I walk so fast, I end up lapping a lot of the other pax on the way to passport control.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
With Air France Sky Priority is divided in zones. Zone 1 is FB platinum and Business Class. Zone 2 is Skyteam Elite and Premium Economy
Old May 6, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NLNO
With Air France Sky Priority is divided in zones. Zone 1 is FB platinum and Business Class. Zone 2 is Skyteam Elite and Premium Economy
Oh! Thank you for your helpful explanation. It's the first time I've been on AF since I had status.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Oh! Thank you for your helpful explanation. It's the first time I've been on AF since I had status.
Nobody from ATL can blame you for not understanding that zone 2 is not always the 5th zone to actually board :-)
HohoGAP likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Nobody from ATL can blame you for not understanding that zone 2 is not always the 5th zone to actually board :-)
5th zone to board? I wish... you must have forgotten about the new active military zone...
  1. Pre-board (disabilities, families)
  2. Military
  3. PREM
  4. SKY
  5. Zone 1
  6. Zone 2 (better be ready to gate check your bag.. how dare you sit in Main Cabin without a credit card!)
  7. Zone 3 (Truly eXtraordinarily Vile passengers!)
  8. Zone 4 (new to board Basically Evil passengers!)
sundrop likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.