Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lie-Flat Beds on Domestic Routes in First???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles

Greetings, Delta Frequent Fliers.

I'm writing you from 33,000 ft above somewhere in the world, where I spend about 10 hours per week, offering an invitation to all of you to have some respect for your fellow passenger. Yes, that person behind you in first class flies as much as you do, and yes, they are DM like you are too. I know that's hard to believe. Maybe not. Maybe that person paid for that seat just like you did. Maybe you're in real estate and they're in the entertainment biz. Both are at all-time highs as I write this.

With that in mind, may I please invite you put the entitlement that you walk our world with aside for just one moment and have a little respect for your "equal" (yes, I still know that too is hard to believe) behind or next to you and follow these simple rules:

1. Look BEHIND YOU BEFORE you recline your seat. If it does not recline all the way, then DO NOT throw all of your 105 lb diva weight against the seat to get it to go back further. I have about $100 US that says your seat back is against your fellow passenger's laptop screen and one more romp will crush it, rendering it useless for at least two weeks while that person waits at the Apple Store for a replacement at a nominal cost of $1000. Sit up, Princess.

2. Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT take off your shoes. This is a DOMESTIC flight. No one wants to smell your sweaty, nasty feet. How would you like it if I ran about 3 miles, walked into your house, took off my shoes, and propped up my sweaty feet on your $3,000 couch in your living room on a hot day? You are NOT at home! You are in public. Respect others.

3. You are NOT in bed. Recline your seat only as much as you have to. I know you find it hard to believe because YOU are so special, but the person behind you doesn't want your head in their lap for the next four hours. Recline only as much as you have to.

4. While I am hopeful that everyone has the utmost respect for those who have served our country and protected our freedom as I most certainly do, commercial air travel is NOT a C-130 cargo plane, and thus one should expect that at least one or two window shades to be open to see the outside world and the attitude and altitude of the aircraft as they fly. Look around you, and if you are seated in a window seat and everyone else has shut their window shades, may I please invite you to leave yours open as much as possible so that those around you can see out? Don't be a jerk. No one wants to fly in a dark tube. Do you? Why don't you get in a dryer with a blindfold on and have your spouse or significant other turn it on for about 3 hours?

Rest assured, if you follow these simple rules, you will get infinite Karma points. People like me follow them all the time. How about we all agree that we respect each other and acknowledge that in a world of fading complementary upgrades, EVERYONE in F has earned it, either through hard work or seat time and the only way to ensure a comfortable journey is to respect one another's personal space and property?

I wish you safe and pleasant travels.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Mods. I believe this needs to be moved to the "what's the most random and pathetic thing you can complain about" thread.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Think this is SPAM/trolling pure and simple. Certainly nothing to do with DL and thread title is outright misleading. Reported.
trentryan and kaka like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Smile

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Think this is SPAM/trolling pure and simple. Certainly nothing to do with DL and thread title is outright misleading. Reported.
Either that, or op is in the middle of one rough flight.
kaka likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

Either that, or op is in the middle of one rough flight.
Possible. However this is the one and only post by the account.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:19 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This thread is closed pending moderator review.

Ryandc99, Delta Moderator
kaka likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.