Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Dear Delta: Please bring music to a SkyDeck near me soon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear Delta: Please bring music to a SkyDeck near me soon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: DL DM PM
For an idea of what Delta would play, think whiny bland like they pipe through the cabin before takeoff. Yuck.
DJMeatBall, gooselee and dalehill like this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dalehill
I find the constant assault of music in public spaces everywhere in the U.S. more than annoying..

I don't see music in public space as being specific to the US.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by JBa
So the roaring of the jet engines isn't enough for you? You are probably the one that goes to the beach with a ghetto blaster because you don't like the sound the waves do make.
Seriously, I like some decent background music but always get the impression, that the noise level gets up. Because someone has to speak louder so that everyone can hear him/her
Exactly. Some people like a quiet place to relax and unwind. If you want loud music you can always put in earbuds and blast you ears till your heart's content without disturbing those around you.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Yeah I don't want some obnoxious music playing while I'm listening to jets taking off.

Get some Bose headphones if you want music.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah I don't want some obnoxious music playing while I'm listening to jets taking off.

Get some Bose headphones if you want music.
Well, there are far better options than Bose. But that's a different thread.
jinglish likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Alue
Some people like a quiet place to relax and unwind.
I expected all of the responses here but this one doesn't make sense to me. Under NO circumstances is a SkyDeck "quiet."
wrp96, sky303 and gooselee like this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
I expected all of the responses here but this one doesn't make sense to me. Under NO circumstances is a SkyDeck "quiet."
Still, what's the problem with bringing your own music? You know, headphones, earbuds, etc.?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
For an idea of what Delta would play, think whiny bland like they pipe through the cabin before takeoff. Yuck.
The DL boarding music is programmed weeks/months in advance by someone making an educated guess (I'm being kind here) about who the listeners might be. A skilled DJ (skilled being the operative word) knows how the read the listeners and select music appropriately, adjusting the playlist on the fly as required.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by ecaarch
The DL boarding music is programmed weeks/months in advance by someone making an educated guess (I'm being kind here) about who the listeners might be. A skilled DJ (skilled being the operative word) knows how the read the listeners and select music appropriately, adjusting the playlist on the fly as required.
Ha! So if I were the only one sitting there they would whip out the Emerson Quartet's rendition of Brahms's String Quartet #2 in A minor? Well alrighty then!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by ecaarch
This would be amazing if this was live violinists. Imagine this at the JFK T4 Sky Deck or just outside the VS JFK Clubhouse (or in the LHR Clubhouse Garden)?
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:18 pm

I’d take ATC radio before DL’s crap music. Their boarding music is horrific, wouldn’t want them making an attempt at programming a SkyDeck too.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
lol "horrific"

FT makes me chuckle sometimes.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:46 pm

Eh it really is horrific. It has made me cry and when especially tired I have begged them to turn it off. Not that that has any effect.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
How loud does it need to be to overcome all the jet noise?

Who decides what type of music to play?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, I dunno. I find some things horrific. Modern muzak is not among those things. I understand not liking it personally or whatever, but FT has a tendency to employ some extreme exaggerations (common example being "the meal I ate was inedible")

I'm also not sure crying is the average reaction the boarding music. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.