Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reserve companion certificate + RUC, does this work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature

Now that a RUC can be applied to a companion on the same flight but not necessarily the same PNR as the PM/DM member, I was curious if this strategy might work for a party of 3. I saw the note that when using a companion certificate you must RUC the companion if you RUC yourself, but that doesn't seem to directly apply here. My idea:
  • Use companion certificate to book myself in paid first class and person 2 on the BOGO in first class
  • Book person 3 in main cabin (same route, separate PNR) and then apply RUC from my account to person 3
Persons 2 and 3 are not concerned with their own MQM/MQD because they only ever fly with me anyway. Booking persons 2 and 3 in first on the BOGO certificate and myself in main cabin possibly with a RUC would also achieve the same result in terms of seating, but this would yield 50% less MQMs and also less MQDs for myself.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I believe you should be able to do that. I know you can upgrade more than one companion using a RUC. The new rules explicitly allowing upgrades of companion on separate PNR theoretically should mean this is no issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.