Wiki Posts
Search

Trans-Pacific Basic Economy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Trans-Pacific Basic Economy

When did Delta start selling Basic Economy fares for TPAC flights? I am seeing them now SEA/YVR-HKG.
Google Flights

Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:54 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
This thread is from late 2015 and includes ATL-NRT:

Basic Economy Now On Select Long Haul International Routes

The first mention of it on DTW-NRT that I found in the SIN MR mega-thread is from May of last year.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
As posted above, Delta has long sold E fares on these routes. In fact, Delta sells E fares on virtually every route (if not every route) where fares Q and below are available. It is just a universal tax for seat selection and/or use of medallion benefits (primarily C+ upgrade). Enjoy flying rewarded.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal
As posted above, Delta has long sold E fares on these routes. In fact, Delta sells E fares on virtually every route (if not every route) where fares Q and below are available. It is just a universal tax for seat selection and/or use of medallion benefits (primarily C+ upgrade). Enjoy flying rewarded.
They do not sell it on every route and their presence on Asia routes currently looks pretty limited. They still restrict the number of coach classes with BE fares on international routes to a few classes.. I'm still mostly seeing BE fares only for T, X, and V fares on routes that have them. I've only found one instance so far of U having them (SEA-HKG).

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 8, 2018 at 4:50 am
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The December '17 Investor Day presentation said Basic Economy will be available systemwide by the end of 2018. So pledged Glen Hauenstein.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by LBJ
They do not sell it on every route and their presence on Asia routes currently looks pretty limited. They still restrict the number of coach classes with BE fares on international routes to a few classes.. I'm still mostly seeing BE fares only for T, X, and V fares on routes that have them. I've only found one instance so far of U having them (SEA-HKG).
​​​​​​
Fair enough. With that said, just give them time - they'll creep up on those routes just like they did domestically (I expect Domestic to ultimately run all the way up to at least S fares and likely M when it is all said and done - I expect they will preserve B/Y as MC only since those are usually last minute walkup fares anyways).
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL has publicly stated that it is proliferating BE fares systemwide. This issue has previously been reported and also previously reported is DL's satisfaction with the fares.

The debate is over. Those who don't want them should not book them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.