They know you're booking, watch out

Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
They know you're booking, watch out

XXXXXX

Last edited by TurfGuy; Apr 4, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you are alleging they are adjusting their bucket inventory solely based on your specific searches while you are logged in? Among all the many inventory pulls these flights get throughout the day, both through the DL website anonymously/non-anonymously and anonymously through the GDS systems, it was yours in particular that triggered the bucket adjustent? You might want to adjust your tinfoil hat a little bit as I think it's too tight. Also, DL no longer calls them "UP" fares with the branded fare basis products introduced a couple years ago. All the /WNUP fares have pretty much entirely gone away.

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...structure.html
13thandseven and jamiestr like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 3, 2018 at 6:06 am
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
I always buy the cheapest fare, so I'm not in-tune with "UP" fares. I searched previous threads concerning "UP" fares and became confused.

What's the advantage and disadvantage of buying an "UP" fare?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RRDD
I always buy the cheapest fare, so I'm not in-tune with "UP" fares. I searched previous threads concerning "UP" fares and became confused.

What's the advantage and disadvantage of buying an "UP" fare?
DL used to designate discount F P/A/G fare classes in their fare basis codes by appending a /WNUP designator to coach class fare basis codes. These were frequently referred to as "-UP" fares. While P/A/G fares still have a coach class letter as the starting letter of the fare basis code (which generally corresponds to some other coach fare filing) they added an 8th character to the fare basis code so they no longer need to use the special designator for these F fares. They do similar filings for Comfort+ and Basic Economy fares which generally have a corresponding main cabin coach fare filing. See above.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 3, 2018 at 6:05 am
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
As someone else already said, you need to adjust your tinfoil hat. Your thread title is highly misleading.

Anecdotally, I tested this theory on my own with a few bookings in the last two weeks - logged in to my DL profile vs. Joe User in a different browser in private mode. I got the same prices every time.
jamiestr likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by 13thandseven
As someone else already said, you need to adjust your tinfoil hat. Your thread title is highly misleading.

Anecdotally, I tested this theory on my own with a few bookings in the last two weeks - logged in to my DL profile vs. Joe User in a different browser in private mode. I got the same prices every time.
I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve because I don't have enough evidence, but I have had several instances where the itinerary price went up after I signed in (during the same session, not separate browsers, etc.) Of course there could be many reasons for this but this has caused me to abort on more than one occasion.
jaimemayo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.