Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Lounge Access MCO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Delta Lounge Access MCO

My wife has been in Florida for a week. Unfortunately she found out that her mother had suffered a heart attack in Vermont and she had to make an urgent flight from MCO to BOS. She was actually planning on flying up in a couple of weeks and already had a first class ticket on Delta so she simply changed the dates. So far no problem.

Yesterday, prior to taking the flight she went to the Delta Lounge in MCO only to be denied entry because she did not have status with Delta, despite holding a ticket in F.

My question is, is this common with Delta. Whenever I have flown with Emirates for example, if I hold a Business Class ticket I always have access to the lounge, despite being a humble lowest tier member in Emirates Skywards program
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: DL DM
Domestic first class does not get lounge access (unless you have access via some other means like certain credit cards or actually have paid for lounge access through a membership)
krlcomm likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
It has absolutely nothing to do with her loyalty status, the fact of the matter is Domestic First Class (from like MCO-BOS) doesn't include lounge access. A lot of people pickup the Delta Reserve Credit Card or the American Express Platnium card (both of which carry $450+ annual fees) for lounge access. Unless you are flying long-haul Delta 1(Business Class) you don't get free lounge access on Delta.
krlcomm likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
As others have stated, domestic first class tickets and non-DeltaOne international tickets do not get lounge access.
Delta has a tool on their website that lets you determine if you have access:
https://www.delta.com/skyclub/skyclu...Request.action
See the selections on the left.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

i never realised that - is it common for airlines flying domestic routes in the USA not to allow lounge access to First and Business Class passengers ?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveben53
i never realised that - is it common for airlines flying domestic routes in the USA not to allow lounge access to First and Business Class passengers ?
If they are on purely domestic F itin's, yes. AA and UA have the exact same policy. Only AS allows access to their lounges on paid F itin's (however, complimentary upgrades aren't included). DL does have a handful of domestic transcon routes with Delta One service that allows access. But any domestic routes outside of these does not include it.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:12 am
Original Poster

I always though the purchase of a business or first class ticket automatically entitled you to lounge access - oh well live and learn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.