Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sudden Change in Aeromexico Earnings?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I have completed my first trip for which this situation applies, and just submitted my request to delta for corrected MQM. I will report back how it goes. I would hope that the remedy promised by @SkyMilesTeam here holds.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by angra
I have completed my first trip for which this situation applies, and just submitted my request to delta for corrected MQM. I will report back how it goes. I would hope that the remedy promised by @SkyMilesTeam here holds.

Thanks...keep us posted. Have a trip this Thursday (Panama) and another in September (Lima) where this would apply. Crossing fingers! Bought tix before the change.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Yes, please keep us posted. I have mine in July.

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Let me know how it goes! Despite my efforts, it looks like I wasn't credit at all for my trip that started ~4 weeks ago. I've had a request in but haven't received a response at all. It will be a month in a few days, which is when I'll try faxing all of my information in.

I have to say it's extremely irritating how difficult this is. I wish I could just call someone and give them all of the information over e-mail while on the phone and get credited..
Old May 1, 2018, 10:58 pm

Leaving this weekend for SEA>SCL, up front for both legs are not really full at all. Although more than they showed few weeks ago.
SEA>MEX (737) shows 5 taken seats, myself included
MEX>SCL (787) shows 9 taken seats
SCL>MEX shows 19 taken seats and finally
MEX>SEA shows 7 taken seats

Guess we will see. And will also update as to any issues or time frame to get credited the Original stated MQM (and for that matter correct MQD). Certainly planning to keep all boarding passes, etc.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:53 am

Be prepared to stay on top of getting your miles with Delta for recent trips on Aeromexico. I took a roundtrip business class trip on Aeromexico back in Feb. After waiting a few weeks, I saw that the miles didn't post to my account at all. I wrote Delta at the beginning of March. Received an email 3 weeks later asking for boarding passes. I sent the boarding passes, received an email a week stating later that I would now be given credit for the miles. Saw online that I was given insufficient credit (didn't get the bonus for business class), so I wrote back asking for correct credit. Received an email two weeks later confirming that I'd received credit for this trip. The email didn't mention the fact that I was given insufficient credit. So I wrote back yet again clearly explaining that the mileage credit I'd received was wrong. Received an email two weeks later finally granting me the correct credit. Fun game!
Old May 5, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
I recently did 2 back to backs on Aeromexico. Both in I/J class for the 200% MQM. At first, the miles were posted incorrectly. I did contact Delta to send in copies of my boarding passes and ticket purchase receipts. They saw that I was to be credited 200% for the MQM and say they're going to make the change. I should see it in 7-10 days. Trust me, I check every single day!
Old May 9, 2018, 5:06 pm

I returned on a SEA-MEX-SCL (and back) on Sunday, 6 May and by 8 May I had 3 (of the 4 flights) showing up in my SM account. They were reflecting the MQM's of a flight AFTER 1 Apr (as expected) even though these were purchased with an understanding that the MQM's on this fight would have been 200% of base miles vs 150% (which is what I have currently)

Used the website to ask to have the additional MQM's applied and provided my boarding passes.
Also asked to have the "missing" MEX-SEA segment added as it was missing entirely for some reason.
So like others, its now a waiting game to see how long before I get a reply and what more they will ask for. Hopefully will not require me to repeatedly ask to have the CORRECT MQM's applied, per statements by @SkyMilesTeam account. (fingers crossed)
Old May 9, 2018, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
I returned on a SEA-MEX-SCL (and back) on Sunday, 6 May and by 8 May I had 3 (of the 4 flights) showing up in my SM account. They were reflecting the MQM's of a flight AFTER 1 Apr (as expected) even though these were purchased with an understanding that the MQM's on this fight would have been 200% of base miles vs 150% (which is what I have currently)

Used the website to ask to have the additional MQM's applied and provided my boarding passes.
Also asked to have the "missing" MEX-SEA segment added as it was missing entirely for some reason.
So like others, its now a waiting game to see how long before I get a reply and what more they will ask for. Hopefully will not require me to repeatedly ask to have the CORRECT MQM's applied, per statements by @SkyMilesTeam account. (fingers crossed)
If no joy, let me know and I can help.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points
If no joy, let me know and I can help.
Thanks Rene, if nothing goes, will reach out too.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:12 pm

Checking back in after post #46 . I just got an email from Delta saying that my MQM would be corrected. Specifically:

Dear Mr. angra,

RE: Case Number XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your email.

I have requested the proper MQM credit for you on your Aeromexico ticket
for April XX, 2018 and the return on April XX, 2018, on ticket
#006XXXXXXXXXX .
Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to respond to your concern.
We very much appreciate your 1.XX Million Miler/Diamond Medallion
loyalty to Delta and look forward to the privilege of serving you again
soon.

Sincerely,

Agent Name
Diamond Desk
will report back again if/when MQM is updated
Old May 18, 2018, 2:13 pm

MQM updated just now
Old May 25, 2018, 12:57 pm

MQM updated just now
Thats good to hear. I suspect I sent in info to Delta week or so after you did. Not heard anything from them yet other than acknowledgment that a ticket was created for them, that it can take 30 day for reply. Submitted on 9 May so hopefully in the next week or so will hear something back that they starting to "turn the crack" on the process and will review and post the correct MQM adjustments. Lots of fun. Have 3 more trips that fall under the time period that they said should be covered.
Old May 26, 2018, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Thats good to hear. I suspect I sent in info to Delta week or so after you did. Not heard anything from them yet other than acknowledgment that a ticket was created for them, that it can take 30 day for reply. Submitted on 9 May so hopefully in the next week or so will hear something back that they starting to "turn the crack" on the process and will review and post the correct MQM adjustments. Lots of fun. Have 3 more trips that fall under the time period that they said should be covered.
I’m behind both of you it looks like - I wasn’t credited with any miles when I flew (March 30 - April 8) and only just got the incorrect credits for all four of my flights. I wrote in April 10, so it’s been a loooong time...

Im going to write in tonight and ask for the correction, it looks like people have been getting them, so I’m hopeful.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
There is a VERY nice new run I just posted over in business class mileage run section of FlyerTalk btw. Doubt it will last much beyond today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.