Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of Comfort+ on CRJ 200?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:58 pm

Former SkyWest in DL configuration. Now used primarily for AA ops with DL back-up spare. Will become a full AA aircraft with new agreement.

Originally Posted by mnbp
AA 3076
N767SK
Perhaps one of the planes recruited to help backfill AA's schedule to help make up their lift shortfall due to grounded 737 Max's...
Old May 22, 2019, 12:29 pm

For our upcoming trip LGA-BGR, we're gonna be in a CRJ. At the moment we're in 8C/D, possibly the best we can do in this sardine can. From what I gathered in this thread, requesting an "upgrade" to row 1 is not worth the extra beverages?
Old May 22, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by jbeans
For our upcoming trip LGA-BGR, we're gonna be in a CRJ. At the moment we're in 8C/D, possibly the best we can do in this sardine can. From what I gathered in this thread, requesting an "upgrade" to row 1 is not worth the extra beverages?
I'm flying one for the first time on Friday. Mine states 'not complimentary upgrade eligible' in my trips, so guessing row 1 is not C+ on that aircraft.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM
Can anyone give a rough estimate of what size bags fit in the overhead compartment? I'm looking at flying out of CHA instead of ATL on a TPAC route to save $500+, but every connecting flight is on a CRJ-200.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by eneq
Can anyone give a rough estimate of what size bags fit in the overhead compartment? I'm looking at flying out of CHA instead of ATL on a TPAC route to save $500+, but every connecting flight is on a CRJ-200.
Any particular reason you cant/won’t pink tag?
Old May 24, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Backpacks or Soft sided (soft on all sides) duffel at most 18x14x7 in my estimation. But those will also fit under the seat.

Rollerboards of any size must be pink tagged.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zeeb

Pink tag bags can get left behind.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium

Because I've watched ramp crews abuse pink tag bags. You can fit a very small rollaboard in a CRJ bin. Anything bigger I recommend checking from the start.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Make sure you are the very first pax to board if you are in C+. One side of the OHBs are generally blocked out for emergency equipment and the FAs have no closet to stow a backpack or anything else that should not be pink-tagged.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:25 pm

I hate pink tagging. I always just through to final destination. Noting worse than sweating my ... off with every kettle smashed into a line waiting for the bags on the jetway.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM
My Rimowa two-wheel aluminum carry-on (21" L, 15" W, 8" D) will fit in the overheads on a CR7/9 but not a CR2.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
I have an old AA brand roll aboard that fits on any CR or ER but I still will get pink tagged 75% of the time.
The way my luck runs on the occasions when they let me bring it on we wind up deplaning via stairs

I've started checking through when flying into MCI and not in a rush because I'm pretty much guaranteed the 2500 miles for late bags at that airport.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
Originally Posted by tvtd

Make sure you are the very first pax to board if you are in C+. One side of the OHBs are generally blocked out for emergency equipment and the FAs have no closet to stow a backpack or anything else that should not be pink-tagged.
I was in row 2 this past week on a CRJ200 and put my bag in the first bin, closer to row 2 than 1 and the FA made me move it. Said that entire bin was for only C+ customers. I actually thought that was pretty nice of her.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by ajggiant
My Rimowa two-wheel aluminum carry-on (21" L, 15" W, 8" D) will fit in the overheads on a CR7/9 but not a CR2.
That's strange. I have the exact same spec bags, one Salsa (zipper) and one Limbo (hinged, like the AL versions but composite). Both fit perfectly in a CR2 bin. I used to fly DTW-BHM often on the CR2 and had many back-and-forths with the FA before they were shocked it fit.

The CR2 bin is based on the IATA specs which Rimowa matches. It should fit. Actual Rimowa dimensions are 15.8 x 21.7 x 7.9

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/...m/rmw-bag0154/

EDIT: Found a photo of a Rimowa business trolley on a CR2. I know this is not the same as your bag, it is 16.1 x 8.1 x 16.1, so the only difference is length. it doesn't look like it fits, but the bin does close.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/86v8S.jpg
https://i.stack.imgur.com/R0HGL.jpg
https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/35581/is-there-room-for-a-rollaboard-in-a-crj-200-overhead-bin

Last edited by CPMaverick; Jun 7, 2019 at 9:56 pm
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Why not just check your bag if you know you are going to be on a CR2? Not worth the hassle..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.