Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL survey implies- we don't need old people!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater

Today I get a survey on the DL app which I took, and afterwards it asked if I wanted to participate in an online community to give opinions, etc. Usually I would decline but I accepted, more out of curiosity than anything else.

After inputting my status and age (51-64 was the range) it said I'm not eligible.

So they are not interested in the opinions of a 51 year old DM. Nice way to alienate your customers DL!

Someone at 51 who flies DM miles could have another 20 years of serious flying left.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Today I get a survey on the DL app which I took, and afterwards it asked if I wanted to participate in an online community to give opinions, etc. Usually I would decline but I accepted, more out of curiosity than anything else.

After inputting my status and age (51-64 was the range) it said I'm not eligible.

So they are not interested in the opinions of a 51 year old DM. Nice way to alienate your customers DL!

Someone at 51 who flies DM miles could have another 20 years of serious flying left.

Is this a joke?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Perhaps it was your status, and not your age, that disqualified you.

You are already a DM, so management may feel they have you hooked. They may be looking to plow other, fallow ground.

For example, I would expect that Va Ave management is more interested in devoting attention to a SEA GM rather than a ATL DM.

Get used to being taken for granted.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:10 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
or maybe they already have more than enough people in that age range
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Was there an over 65 range on the questionnaire or was that not even under consideration?
sdadept likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

Someone at 51 who flies DM miles could have another 20 30+ years of serious flying left.(Fixed that for you.)
This year I'll fly over 100K Revenue, 20-30K Award, 60K AMEX and 40K+ NRSA. I'll have about 300K MQM with 115 rollover. I'll make MM next year in 6 - 7 years of flying DL.

My oldest will be 59 this year.

I get that "not qualified for this survey" all the time. I think I fall into the group of people with lots of discretionary income who don't spend on things they're interested in.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They already know your opinion via your wallet.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:57 pm

Rather than alienate customers, they would generate less ill will by letting everyone take the survey and then quietly ignore those they don't want to use. But that doesn't seem to be the Delta way. Better to publicly say to you that your opinions aren't important to them.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I actually work in market research - different research initiatives can vary pretty widely in the target group they're going after, so the specific survey might have been targeted towards a given demographic (the qualifications for which could be all over the map, so hard to speculate - for example, they might be specifically looking for people who aren't frequent DL fliers).

Or, as mentioned above, it's possible that they might have maxed out on people in a certain group (e.g. DMs between 50-60 years old) and they're looking for other types of people to fill different quotas.
IndyHoosier and BenA like this.

Last edited by Cory6188; Mar 10, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM
Originally Posted by pvn
or maybe they already have more than enough people in that age range
This... I've had this happen 2-3 times with other companies. And by the way I'm young!
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Was there an over 65 range on the questionnaire or was that not even under consideration?
Yes

But it does not matter because over the hill apparently starts at 51
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
If it makes you feel better, I have used the Delta app in the last couple of days and didn't receive a survey questionnaire at all.
Vegas Vegan likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Wouldn't bother me. Seems like you are a bit self-conscious about your age given there are other explanations.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Mar 10, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Cory6188
I actually work in market research - different research initiatives can vary pretty widely in the target group they're going after, so the specific survey might have been targeted towards a given demographic (the qualifications for which could be all over the map, so hard to speculate - for example, they might be specifically looking for people who aren't frequent DL fliers).

Or, as mentioned above, it's possible that they might have maxed out on people in a certain group (e.g. DMs between 50-60 years old) and they're looking for other types of people to fill different quotas.
Cory, why waste everyone's time with facts and actual useful information when we can jump straight on the crazy train of embellishment?
IndyHoosier and gooselee like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Cory, why waste everyone's time with facts and actual useful information when we can jump straight on the crazy train of embellishment?
Even on the crazy train we would argue about who gets to be the conductor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.