Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

*UPDATED* Is *anyone* working in Medallion services?? 71 days and counting...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles

It is now *71* days since my first inquiry regarding Medallion Qualification. I have so far received one acknowledgement 2 weeks ago, immediately after my first posting here, but no direct contact and no updates since. In the meantime I am out $100 in baggage charges and am ineligible for upgrades of any kind, or assistance from Medallion services when delayed, cancelled etc. (which has been happening). There is no other method of contact other than on-line forms, and I have tried that route *4* times so far. What else should I be doing? Cash in a brown paper bag?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Since you haven't provided a single detail about what the problem is, I'm not really sure what kind of response you expect
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Delta has all the info. I should have included the case # again: 26229027
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
What exactly are you trying to ask DL about? If you provide a few more details, we might be able to give you a) an answer to your actual question, b) a better email/phone number/etc. to use or c) just about anything else that might be helpful.

For all we know, they're ignoring you because your online form was asking for comp DL360 status on the basis of WN losing your bags.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by GJB1
But...FT participants do not. DL does not respond to specific cases via FT. (They don't really participate much at all, aside from general lurking.)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:24 pm

Delta does not provide support via Flyertalk. The only people who will answer you here are fellow flyers. And we can't answer you, cause you refuse to tell us the problem. You're just wasting your time and everyone else's time.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
It is now *71* days since my first inquiry regarding Medallion Qualification. I have so far received one acknowledgement 2 weeks ago, immediately after my first posting here, but no direct contact and no updates since. In the meantime I am out $100 in baggage charges and am ineligible for upgrades of any kind, or assistance from Medallion services when delayed, cancelled etc. (which has been happening). There is no other method of contact other than on-line forms, and I have tried that route *4* times so far. What else should I be doing? Cash in a brown paper bag?
There is an 800 number to call if you live in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, or the US VIrgin Islands:

To speak with a SkyMiles representative, call 1-800-323-2323*. If you are a Medallion® Member, check the Contact Us section in the Fly Delta mobile app for your dedicated phone line. Have your SkyMiles account number available to expedite your call.

*Phone number is valid from the U. S., Canada, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. You may also contact the SkyMiles Support Centre via telephone from any of the countries listed below. For all other areas, please call your local Reservations Sales representative.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

My complaint has to do with falling short in MQD's despite being assured by *two* separate Delta reps on separate occasions that I would be over the minimum. Also that there is clearly no way for me or their own reps to know what the actual spend credit is for any given purchase.

However, at this point I am far more disturbed by a 71 day wait to get a response to this issue.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apodo77
There is an 800 number to call if you live in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, or the US VIrgin Islands:

To speak with a SkyMiles representative, call 1-800-323-2323*. If you are a Medallion® Member, check the Contact Us section in the Fly Delta mobile app for your dedicated phone line. Have your SkyMiles account number available to expedite your call.

*Phone number is valid from the U. S., Canada, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. You may also contact the SkyMiles Support Centre via telephone from any of the countries listed below. For all other areas, please call your local Reservations Sales representative.
I have called more than once and escalated the issue. They are unable to help, it is a Medallion problem and there is no phone number.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

My only hope seems to be to publicly embarrass them enough that they finally do something. Twitter will be next.
Jimmie Jet likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL GM
My complaint has to do with falling short in MQD's despite being assured by *two* separate Delta reps on separate occasions that I would be over the minimum.
Below the MQD's for what? And I'm not sure this is the type of really critical topic that's going to embarrass Delta. But maybe it's just me.

Keith
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My complaint has to do with falling short in MQD's despite being assured by *two* separate Delta reps on separate occasions that I would be over the minimum. Also that there is clearly no way for me or their own reps to know what the actual spend credit is for any given purchase.

However, at this point I am far more disturbed by a 71 day wait to get a response to this issue.
I have called more than once and escalated the issue. They are unable to help, it is a Medallion problem and there is no phone number.
I hate to break it to you, but I suspect they already gave you an answer you didn't like and as a result of the repeated inquiries, they have probably noted your account as having resolved this issue already and they aren't going to spend any more time/resources on it. Why?

1) Delta is pretty well known for not being flexible on Medallion qualifications. Unless you're directing seven figures worth of business their way, they're not going to make an exception.
2) There is a very clear way for you to know how many MQDs you'll own without even having to talk to a rep. It's right on the checkout page whenever you buy a ticket.

hi55us likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Even if you book on a corporate site or somewhere else its pretty easy Total price minus taxes and fees. Or as its listed in the example above Price Per Passenger.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, the MQD calculator it pretty much unnecessary for DL flights. Just look at the base fare (+ YQ for international) and roundup to the nearest dollar. If you missed it on the checkout page, just look at your receipts. Unfortunately, the frontline agents are very poor sources of information when it comes to Medallion qualification and benefits. Your best bet would have been to ask here instead. Lesson learned and at this point, I'd suggest moving on.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:16 pm

Delta phone agents do, sometimes, make mistakes in interpreting MQM/MQD rules. It's very unfortunate if that's what happened. But most likely, you just missed earning status, and you can forget about Delta giving it to you anyways.

You have little hope of embarrassing Delta on this forum. Most of us already know exactly how things work at Delta.

You are not going to get retroactive status at this point. I suggest that you move on. Start working towards status for next year, or towards other pursuits in life. As noted above, most likely Delta has already closed your case and moved on. You need to do the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.