Wiki Posts
Search

Miles earn on DL codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: most
Miles earn on DL codeshare

Hi, just before I push the button, is someone be able to confirm my calculations. Flying MU ( codeshare DL) CEB-PVG -LAX r/t = 15860 Miles x 200% in I = 31720 Skymiles?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you mean MQM (status miles) or RDM (redeemable miles) in the DL FF program? The later depend on your status with DL and often on the price of your ticket, depending on the details.

If you mean MQMs and using a DL codeshare in class I, this would be 150% miles; only (FULL) J gets 200% on flights that credit as if they were DL, which your codeshare is likely to be, although this can also depend on the details of how it's ticketed. [If you're booking with DL codeshres, it's very likely that this will be on DL ticket stock.]

If these MU operated flights are ticketed on MU stock or use MU flight numbers, the answer will be different.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by datexan
Hi, just before I push the button, is someone be able to confirm my calculations. Flying MU ( codeshare DL) CEB-PVG -LAX r/t = 15860 Miles x 200% in I = 31720 Skymiles?
Yes. Presuming it is MU flight numbers and ticket, (and not a DL ticket/codeshare), you will earn 100% base miles plus 100% class of service bonus. In addition to that, you will earn an additional bonus based on your DL status (DM=120%, Plat=80%, Gold=60%, Slvr=40%), making a nice pile of RDM's. MQM's are earned at 150% of distance flown, and MQD's are 40% of distance flown, which is likely more than you paid for the ticket.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: most
Yes thanks for the replies, I should have been more clear, it is a MU ticket, I was referring to RDM, I have only just registered with Delta Skymiles (so I have no status or points of any kind, with Delta, but am trying VA Platinum Status match and suspect that will come to nought) So after looking at Where to Credit, I think Skymiles is the way to go. All of this is made better by the fact that the price was sub $1600AUD, and unless I have it wrong, you are far better off point wise earning on a code share in this instance than if I had booked DL. Better put my L plates back on and thanks once again
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:05 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Who is the marketing carrier? Is it DL or MU?

If DL, you earn 150% MQMs but RDMs are based off dollars spent NOT distance .

If MU, you would need to verify the fare class on DL's MU page to determine MQMs and RDMs, both of which earn as a % of distance flown.

Earning in 2018 isn't impacted by ticketing carrier any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.