Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miller Status reduced again!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Million Miller Status reduced again!

If our Brag Tags are any indication, MM status continues to be devalued and unrecognized over the years. With the new DM tags I was just sent, I now need to hold them up to light at an angle to see the 2 MM designation.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Wrong thread, try here:

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (DL version)
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Harsh!

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I did snicker quietly
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
honestly, do people care about this sort of inane triviality?!
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
nope.
Grog and travelerjim like this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
OP, I may have some old ones still glued to the paper they came on in the filing cabinet if you’re interested.

Be willing to part with them for cheap ...
travelerjim likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:38 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Seriously, we already have three threads about the new tags
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: DL DM MM
I throw out my tags the day I get them. In fact, whenever Delta comes around with that survey about how important is the hard Medallion package, I always tell them to stop sending them. My DM, SkyClub cards are already in my phone as well as the free beverage certificates (which I never use). What's the point of sending that think envelope of stuff? Maybe those few DM members can request the "brag tags" if it's so important to them and just stop cluttering the mailboxes for the rest of us?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
So, I read the title thinking something about my MM status was changed/reduced.

Sadly, it appears this was nothing more than clickbait.

OP barely even mentioned what the issue was. And I am still not clear how this is a "status reduced issue".
Grog and travelerjim like this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The new design likely reflects marketing efforts which show that passengers think this whole effort is meaningless.

What OP has failed to explain is why this matters in the least. The fact that it is harder for OP to see the designation can only mean that he values staring at the tags to tell himself that he is important. Nobody else, including DL thinks so.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:45 am

I struggle with even the notion that these things are "brag" tags. What's to brag about, that you are stuck in the air a lot?

And I have the same impression when Delta tells me "congratulations" for "achieving" Diamond status. I did nothing but ride a lot in a long aluminum tube to get from point A to point B over and over and over and over and over again.

What's to be congratulated for? What have I achieved?

We are so very susceptible to the marketing spiels...
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
I throw out my tags the day I get them. In fact, whenever Delta comes around with that survey about how important is the hard Medallion package, I always tell them to stop sending them. My DM, SkyClub cards are already in my phone as well as the free beverage certificates (which I never use). What's the point of sending that think envelope of stuff? Maybe those few DM members can request the "brag tags" if it's so important to them and just stop cluttering the mailboxes for the rest of us?
dont throw them away EBAY
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
So, I read the title thinking something about my MM status was changed/reduced.

Sadly, it appears this was nothing more than clickbait.

OP barely even mentioned what the issue was. And I am still not clear how this is a "status reduced issue".
Exactly! As long as you and DL know that you are a MM, who cares whether others can see it? If all you want is to brag, then you have your priorities in life all out of wack!
Grog likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by audidudi
Exactly! As long as you and DL know that you are a MM, who cares whether others can see it? If all you want is to brag, then you have your priorities in life all out of wack!
Well how are people supposed to walk to the front of lines if other people can’t quickly tell that they Are important? I think the problem is that the tags are too subtle, we need something larger and more visible like runners bibs that they use in races. 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.