Wiki Posts
Search

"Your Upgraded Seat" email, twice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum; former CO Gold; HHonors Gold
"Your Upgraded Seat" email, twice

Is it just me, or do we all get two identical emails about the same upgrade?

In the most recent instance, I got notice two days ago that one leg of my flight tomorrow was upgraded to First. Nice.

Today, I got an identical notice, "Your Upgraded Seat." I wanted to get excited that the other leg had also been upgraded. But no, it was the same notice all over again. It wasn't an upgrade to Comfort+ or anything like that. The four seat assignments and classes of service on my round trip were identical in the two notifications.

"Your Upgraded Seat" is supposed to create (ever so slight) euphoria. But the repetition creates (ever so slight) disappointment and confusion.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Don't ever think that an email from Delta will create any feeling but disappointment,
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:51 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Don't ever think that an email from Delta will create any feeling but disappointment,
yeah usually I assume something screwed up in the IT department, resulting in me getting a C+ upgrade I didn't request and ending up in a middle seat.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a single email last Tuesday for my flight out today, and another last night for my return flight on Wednesday. No dupes.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by vinco
Is it just me, or do we all get two identical emails about the same upgrade?

In the most recent instance, I got notice two days ago that one leg of my flight tomorrow was upgraded to First. Nice.

Today, I got an identical notice, "Your Upgraded Seat." I wanted to get excited that the other leg had also been upgraded. But no, it was the same notice all over again. It wasn't an upgrade to Comfort+ or anything like that. The four seat assignments and classes of service on my round trip were identical in the two notifications.

"Your Upgraded Seat" is supposed to create (ever so slight) euphoria. But the repetition creates (ever so slight) disappointment and confusion.
I applied an RUC this week and received duplicate emails.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I'm finding the emails to be more inconsistent (same with schedule change notifications). I find I get two for C+. First when I book and self-upgrade. And then I seem to get another one sometime within the FC UG window. I open it thinking I've been upgraded to First, only to see it's just the same seat in C+. And yet, for some of my past non-gate upgrades this year, I only noticed I was upgraded because I checked the App within the UG window, but never received an email about being upgraded to FC.
vinco likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I too just received two identical emails for an upcoming reservation in April that hasn’t been touched in months. I just shrugged and chalked it up to schedule change Saturday...
vinco likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Me too

For awhile now I have been getting an email when the upgrade processes, which makes me happy. Then, the day before, I get another (which gets my hopes up then dashes them) about the same upgrade
vinco likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
And just got another two bogus emails for a total of four this weekend about the same itinerary. I also got a Priceline schedule change notice. Bonus points - I don’t actually see any change in the flight numbers or times...
vinco likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Finally.. there's an advantage to never getting upgraded - I don't have to deal with this sort of thing...
vinco likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat
this happened for one of my flights recently. i was upgraded at booking as a PM to y+ and on the return flight received a second email the day before departure. I initially thought it was an upgrade to f but sadly was just a redundant email
vinco likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by runningformqm
this happened for one of my flights recently. i was upgraded at booking as a PM to y+ and on the return flight received a second email the day before departure. I initially thought it was an upgrade to f but sadly was just a redundant email
Exactly the same thing just happened to me for a flight tomorrow. Got this email: "MOVE ON UP. BE ON YOUR WAY, THE MEDALLION WAY. It's our pleasure to confirm your Complimentary Upgrade" for an upgrade to C+ that I got at booking as a PM.
vinco and FLYPWM like this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mglvrug
Exactly the same thing just happened to me for a flight tomorrow. Got this email: "MOVE ON UP. BE ON YOUR WAY, THE MEDALLION WAY. It's our pleasure to confirm your Complimentary Upgrade" for an upgrade to C+ that I got at booking as a PM.
If you automatically book a C+ seat because of your status, you already know you are upgraded, an email repeating the same info just makes one think you have been upgraded to F. It would be better to receive only emails that are new information.
SYRRDU likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by danola

If you automatically book a C+ seat because of your status, you already know you are upgraded, an email repeating the same info just makes one think you have been upgraded to F. It would be better to receive only emails that are new information.
Yeah, they could just clear it up by simply saying what you are upgraded for, C+ or F.
SYRRDU likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by Explorer789
Yeah, they could just clear it up by simply saying what you are upgraded for, C+ or F.
Remember when we could book right into C+ when you bought your ticket? Now, it just rubs the disappointment in when I get that email after booking myself into C+ and some teensy weensy subconscious part of me thinks Delta processed me into F. Boy, kicking a guy when he's down by sending the email twice...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.