Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Diamond Tags - Plastic

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dinodino
No JWD certificates in my DM requal packet either. I guess there's some inscrutable criteria being applied for eligibility for these...
I noticed you are also 1MM. Did you recently make 1MM status?

I received my DM tags with the 1MM on them (I made 1MM in January) before I received the pack without them. The ones with the 1MM status were only the tags and wallet card and the cables and I thought they missed the JWD's. About a week and a half later I received the pack without the 1MM on the tags and it contained four JWD's along with the usual literature they send.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1k, DL DM 1MM, various other crap
No, I made 1MM a long time ago...almost at 2MM now.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I noticed you are also 1MM. Did you recently make 1MM status?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:10 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Those tags they give at conventions where they laminate your business card for a luggage tag work a lot better.
well, it depends on what you want to accomplish.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Has everyone received their DM 2MM packet?

I have not and yesterday had to complain to my post office about missing mail as it seems the regular carrier is out with an injury.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pvn
well, it depends on what you want to accomplish.
I should have specified that the cable they give you to attach the laminated business card work better than those cheap cables they send with the diamond pack.

I like using the laminated business cards as luggage ID along with the diamond tag. The diamond tag comes in handy when boarding late if the GA enforces ybyl or clears the upgrade list late and I have issues finding bin space and I like the business card in case my luggage were to get lost or picked up by the wrong person, they wouldn't have my personal info that way, just my business info
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah is disappointing that there is no magnetic strip on them. Its good to have as a backup for the kiosk or some lounge locations.
Just key in your SM number, PNR, or use the lookup function. I haven't pulled out a card at kiosk in ages. Quicker to type 1234567809 than to dig out a card IMO. Print BP and on way.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Just key in your SM number, PNR, or use the lookup function. I haven't pulled out a card at kiosk in ages. Quicker to type 1234567809 than to dig out a card IMO. Print BP and on way.
Agree, anyone that flies enough to be diamond has their skymile number memorized anyway. It's been a while since I've used a kiosk but can't you just scan the barcode on your phone if the skymiles card is in your wallet?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by Xeno
Has everyone received their DM 2MM packet?

I have not and yesterday had to complain to my post office about missing mail as it seems the regular carrier is out with an injury.
My package showed up in the mail yesterday. It did contain JWD certificates.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:39 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I don't have mine memorized, I can't even think of a single occasion where I've needed to punch it in or recite it.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Agree, anyone that flies enough to be diamond has their skymile number memorized anyway. It's been a while since I've used a kiosk but can't you just scan the barcode on your phone if the skymiles card is in your wallet?
Seriously? I don't even know what my SkyMiles number starts with, much less the whole 9 digits (10 digits?). I don't think I've ever used it before other than registering my online account a long time ago.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ethernal
Seriously? I don't even know what my SkyMiles number starts with, much less the whole 9 digits (10 digits?). I don't think I've ever used it before other than registering my online account a long time ago.
Before they changed the phone system to recognize you by your number I needed it frequently enough that I memorized it.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal
You don't use it to log on to Deltas site???
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Am I the only one that hasn't received their DM credentials? I qualified in October after being Plat most of 2017.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:56 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Am I the only one that hasn't received their DM credentials? I qualified in October after being Plat most of 2017.
I also have not gotten mine.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Just receive my Diamond new card (and tags) today.
I live quite far (far from big city in Canada).
I think most US customer must receive it now (or soon).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.