Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Phone Agent Told me to Tell Delta IT not to Cancel my Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat

My Problem

I wanted to buy a C+ seat fare for 523 round trip.
The system would not let me.
So I tried main cabin fare for 435 with an 88 dollar upgrade to C+ which would total 523. I normally don't buy into C+ but it's a last minute flight that leaves in just 3 days.
it still would not let me purchase the ticket.

So I just bought the main cabin and figured it might offer me c+ for the 88 round trip and buy it that way.

However, now the C+ fare was 189 one way and 99 the return.

I did a dummy booking after, and it still showed the 44 each way for the C+ upgrade.

So I call Delta and was told I would need to call Delta IT

The Delta Agent, however, told me that Delta IT is going to suggest I rebuy the ticket and cancel the other ticket. She told me do not let them do that, to have them fix the issue and demand a supervisor if they insist. She said that the canceled ticket will just cause a mess and suggested I be adamant that they do not cancel the ticket. She even said "mark my words" and "you'll thank me later". I said ok we hung up and I call Delta IT

Sure enough Delta IT wanted to cancel the ticket and have me rebuy it. I took the advice of the previous agent and said no to canceling the original ticket and rebuying it. I told them to figure something else out. Which they did they refunded me 19 dollars and charged me 88. Have no idea what the 19 dollar refund was for but I don't say no to dinero, maybe they paid me minimum wage for the hour and a half I was on hold and on line with them. NYC minimum wage 13.50. Who knows.

But I am curious, why is it bad for Delta IT to cancel the ticket does it really cause a mess as the previous agent had suggested? The only issue that bugs me with refunded tickets is Delta and Bank of America can take up to a whole week to refund. Last time it took 11 days due to holiday and weekends.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Sounds like the agents are fed up with this crappy IT too.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Sounds like the agents are fed up with this crappy IT too.
No wonder. It's a hard job, working with a 40+ year old at the core outdated and never really updated legacy system that is made barely work with just "shoestring and bubblegum," and that has more bugs than one can count, and where things are broken 'by design' in order to systematically overcharge customers by not honoring the actual fares, routing rules, etc.

Last edited by RealHJ; Jan 25, 2018 at 2:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.