Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2019 strategy - GM w/ Delta AmEx Platinium vs no status w/AmEx Platinum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 strategy - GM w/ Delta AmEx Platinium vs no status w/AmEx Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:10 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I wouldn't work too hard to keep your status. The amount you could get from other cards (2% cash back vs Chase Sapphire Reserve with 150% bonus for travel redemptions vs some other program that you'd get valuable benefits), likely is better than spending $$ on another Delta AMEX (which gets fairly useless miles) to save some "free to provide" benefits. Buying up to C+ makes sense when you want it (that is what the airlines are trying to make us do with a la carte pricing). vs paying for it all upfront via status and credit card spend. I've dropped my Delta AMEX, going to try to get some status via what I'd normally do and maybe buy up on their partners to PE.
CPMaverick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.