Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lights Stuck On

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:20 am

At first I thought the handful of posters who wouldn't take this flight were a bit irrational, because what are the odds that not only you would crash (considering its been almost a decade since the last fatal U.S. airline accident), but also that the lights would be stuck on during the negligible chance of crashing, but then again what if having the lights on for such a long time overheats the wiring or the fault is a symptom of a larger issue? I have had electronics that stuck on in my car and in my house with nothing bad ever happening, but there are plenty of instances where an appliance that got stuck on overheating wiring and burned a house down. Maybe I am irrational too now, but I too would take the next flight.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
For this to have been a problem you would have had to
1) have an aircraft incident
2) survived it
3) needed to egress the plane
4) not had the lights turned off before doing so
5) had your impaired night vision cause an issue with egress/escape.

And wouldn't you expect the pilot to turn on the lights if you got to number 3 anyway? Do you want to egress in the dark?

Since there were likely no bullet tracers headed toward the plane to see outside that night, this would not have been on my top five risky flights.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National Executive
#metoo

The last A321 flight I was on (ATL - DCA) the lights were on the entire flight as well. They didn't explain why or say they couldn't turn them off but it could have been the same problem.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by air1jdg
The last A321 flight I was on (ATL - DCA) the lights were on the entire flight as well. They didn't explain why or say they couldn't turn them off but it could have been the same problem.
Maybe even the same plane!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.