Wiki Posts
Search

Will call it a Christmas present

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Will call it a Christmas present

Just completed a flight and thought I would check my account to see what meager amount of miles I earned. To my surprise, I see if have an e-credit in my account for $200. It was put there in April. (Don't give me a hard time for not checking more frequently (: Anyway why would Delta give me an e-credit? I was in that horrible mess when Atlanta basically went down in April and flights were cancelled and luggage delayed for 3 days. I can't complain about the compensation I got then but this is a new surprise. I guess I don't really know why an e-credit rather than a voucher --I don't know the difference. Why would I not have been notified about the "gift"? My spouse received the same plus another for $100. Guess this is why I stay loyal to Delta for 40+ years.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can we assume that you or husband didn't pick a DL gift card as a PM or DM choice benefit? Those are for $200 and appear in your account.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
IIRC everyone got this in April if you hit the storm.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:32 am
Original Poster

IIRC everyone got this in April if you hit the storm

Yes indeed we were in the storm. Is it easier or harder to use the e-credit?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Audie
IIRC everyone got this in April if you hit the storm

Yes indeed we were in the storm. Is it easier or harder to use the e-credit?
Compared to what?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Compared to a voucher
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Be careful. Most e-credits that I have received expire one year from time of issue.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
E-credit should simply deduct $200 off the price of any future flight you are looking to purchase. Not hard to use at all. If the flight is less than $200, the remaining balance will sit in your account (but expiration date of the credit will remain the same, so be sure to use the entire thing up before then). Happy flying!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Audie
Compared to a voucher
Same thing different name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.