Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone have a Delta Flight leaving this year and landing Next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have a Delta Flight leaving this year and landing Next?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:55 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Is there any flight that leaves NEXT year and arrives THIS year? Those Asia to US flights arrive before you leave but I think on the same day
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Get a window seat for fireworks!

OT to DL, but the easiest flight, I believe, to celebrate NYE twice would be FGI-PPG, arrives ~24.5 hours before it departed.
amanuensis likes this.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Dec 29, 2017 at 4:29 pm
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
No sadly no miracle on this flight. Lots of elderly take this flight, you should see the line of 20 to 30 wheelchairs this flight sometimes has. @SDQBound can attest to this

But normally the 7pm flight is wheelchair light.
Yes, DL493 is the wheelchair parade.

I've been flying a lot ATL-SDQ-ATL lately. Last Tuesday there were about 20 wheelchairs on the SDQ-ATL flight, took over 10 minutes to complete the pre-boarding. This morning I was surprised that there were less than 5.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:12 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Is there any flight that leaves NEXT year and arrives THIS year? Those Asia to US flights arrive before you leave but I think on the same day
The old departure times of SEA-HND and LAX-HND departed just after midnight and arrived in the evening of the previous day. IIRC, there used to be a late NRT-HNL that did the same but that doesn't seem to be on the schedule either.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
If it still operates the Auklund-HNL flight leaves New Zealand at night and arrives in Honolulu the night before. United never could figure out how to properly book connections to their red eye bank because it's the day before the original flight.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'll be doing this JNB-LHR tonight. Sadly not on VS, but BA (even in F I can't get excited about flying them).
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Any flight from Apia, Samoa, to Pago Pago, American Samoa, would fall into that category. While only 100 or so miles separates the two islands, the international dateline falls between them. I believe American Samoa is the last inhabited place on our side of the dateline.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TTT
The old departure times of SEA-HND and LAX-HND departed just after midnight and arrived in the evening of the previous day. IIRC, there used to be a late NRT-HNL that did the same but that doesn't seem to be on the schedule either.
I've flown from Guam-Tokyo-Honolulu before, leaving Guam mid-afternoon Sunday, landing in Tokyo in the evening, departing Tokyo on Sunday night, and landing in Honolulu at daybreak Sunday. It's kind of weird, but cool.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kss5555
If it still operates the Auklund-HNL flight leaves New Zealand at night and arrives in Honolulu the night before. United never could figure out how to properly book connections to their red eye bank because it's the day before the original flight.
Sounds like one of those problems best solved over a glass of port.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
Hawaiian Air flight en route now, departed Auckland at 0005 on Jan 1, 2018, will arrive in HNL at 1016 on December 31, 2017. Time machines exist.
cestmoi123 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Seems like OP will be spending New Years on the plane

CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
Yeah, we arrived this year instead of last. But because of the time change, people still thought it was last year when we landed. When they realized it was the new year at baggage claim some dudes bought liquor from the duty-free and we all had a drink.

BTW I love SDQ the duty free at baggage claim is awesome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.