Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does companion lower your spot on the upgrade list?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does companion lower your spot on the upgrade list?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Which is probably what happened here, and hence why one RU was still available when the solo obtained GM status. If his ticket was bought first and then he got HM, presumably he may be (correctly) above the two-person PNR on the upgrade list at that point. Since the next solo on the list wasn't upgraded at the window, then the upgrade was available once the solo got their new placement on the UG list.
His ticket was purchased after ... by 3 minutes. I’m just surprised that the system skips over you to the next person if there’s only one seat available. At the gate, they would ask you if you want to split, but if UG in the windows, system just takes the next person. Seems odd to me. In the end, we all got FC, but not until T-30 minutes.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sethb
If it's not at the gate, they have a third option: Take nobody yet.

If at the gate, they ask the next group if they want to split.
AFAIK when DL releases one upgrade seat, the process is automatic: the system upgrades the next eligible person the upgrade list without a companion (on the same PNR). Taking nobody isn't a choice (before the upgrades are controlled by the GA, who can decide to wait to see whether someone still wants to buy a FC ticket or to wait for late arriving connecting passengers who are confirmed into FC). Of course, DL decides IF and WHEN to release the upgrade space and how many seats to release as upgrade inventory (of two types before the gate), but DL doesn't release upgrade inventory in advance and then decide not to give it to someone on the list and within their window who is entitled to that upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.