Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Class Error RT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Alaska, BA
Booking Class Error RT

I am looking at a round trip award and think i've found an error.
I select Main Cabin for the outbound then select Delta One for the return flight and on the next page it shows Delta One (O) for both legs. The price in miles is 165,000 which is less than selecting Delta One both ways.
Would Delta honor this booking or is it too risky?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta, United
Welcome to FT. Book it as it may or may not even go through. If it does great*, if not then just another IT bug.

* Rule #1 never advertise booking mistakes that are in your favor.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Random stuff happens. I need to try this on my next award booking. On past apparent mistakes in my favor, Delta has never asked to claw back miles or cash. In regards to awards, I typically get hosed on the connecting domestic flights, and have to book them as separate cash tix so I don't pay way more miles on the complete rt award.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the route and dates? I tried several different routes and dates and when I selected main cabin outbound and D1 return, the outbound selection remained main cabin.

Okay, I played around some more and was able to get it to happen on certain flights. It doesn't seem specific to any particular route, flights or dates. But once you find a set of flights where it happens, it appears to be repeatable for those flights.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 10, 2017 at 12:08 pm
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by seahome
I am looking at a round trip award and think i've found an error.
I select Main Cabin for the outbound then select Delta One for the return flight and on the next page it shows Delta One (O) for both legs. The price in miles is 165,000 which is less than selecting Delta One both ways.
Would Delta honor this booking or is it too risky?
This happened to me a few years back for a revenue ticket to Frankfurt. Y out and D1 return and it priced the entire trip out in D1 for $1200. Booked my wife and I and flew without issue.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

This happened to me a few years back for a revenue ticket to Frankfurt. Y out and D1 return and it priced the entire trip out in D1 for $1200. Booked my wife and I and flew without issue.
It seems that Delta very rarely makes errors in fare class in the customer's favor. There's been a lot of threads where FTers have complained about having their premium tickets downgraded without explanation. If this wasn't programmed into their computer systems, you would think it would go both ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.