Search

DL Flight Crews

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
DL Flight Crews

I am convinced that whenever they say “thanks from your XXX based flight crew” that the following is true.

ATL, MCO, and SLC crews seem to be the best and nicest crews

NYC, LAX, DTW, and MSP based crews are hands down the rudest and nastiest people. I make a bet with the Mrs when we fly on where the crew will say they are from. I am 99% accurate in 2017.

Thoughts on this? Honestly DL would be a great airline if they could fix one thing. The Human Resources issue ie fire the crappy employees and promote the good ones.

Yes i USED to send in complaints and I am convinced it does not even matter. I always delete those worthless surveys they send too.

/rantover
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I agree although I have had some nice JFK crews I have noticed that JFK crews aren't always the spiffiest either with dingy uniforms etc.

I wish there was an option when booking a flight to know what crew will service it, as on the route I fly it's usually the same crews and I already know which ones suck and which ones don't but they hardly are ever on the same flights.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I agree although I have had some nice JFK crews I have noticed that JFK crews aren't always the spiffiest either with dingy uniforms etc.

I wish there was an option when booking a flight to know what crew will service it, as on the route I fly it's usually the same crews and I already know which ones suck and which ones don't but they hardly are ever on the same flights.
had a CVG based crew last week which has been ages since I can remember the last time. Super nice crew.
hortkie likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

On a flight now I am putting it down now that this will be an NYC based crew.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I disagree on the ATL crews. They are hit and mostly a miss in my travels. Don't even get me started on the GA's in ATL.
Agree on the MCO crews - they are always great.
Had an amazing DTW crew DTW-ICN in July but that is my only experience with them in 2017 that I recall.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I am convinced that whenever they say “thanks from your XXX based flight crew” that the following is true.

ATL, MCO, and SLC crews seem to be the best and nicest crews

NYC, LAX, DTW, and MSP based crews are hands down the rudest and nastiest people. I make a bet with the Mrs when we fly on where the crew will say they are from. I am 99% accurate in 2017.

Thoughts on this? Honestly DL would be a great airline if they could fix one thing. The Human Resources issue ie fire the crappy employees and promote the good ones.

Yes i USED to send in complaints and I am convinced it does not even matter. I always delete those worthless surveys they send too.

/rantover
ATL one of the best?

MSP & DTW the rudest & nastiest?

I guess we all have different opinions, which is fine. But I would rate ATL crews, gate agents, red coats, lounge agents & attendants (heck ATL anything) the worst.

BOS, SLC, SEA, MSP, DTW, MCO all pretty solid.

JFK/LGA, LAX at the bottom for sure.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FSUnole03
ATL one of the best?

MSP & DTW the rudest & nastiest?

I guess we all have different opinions, which is fine. But I would rate ATL crews, gate agents, red coats, lounge agents & attendants (heck ATL anything) the worst.

BOS, SLC, SEA, MSP, DTW, MCO all pretty solid.

JFK/LGA, LAX at the bottom for sure.
so I am only speaking about flight crews here.

Agreed 110% ATL staff at Hartsfield are the WORST!!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

When it comes to staff working at Hartsfields in ATL the irony is not lost on me that at the global HQ the best employees should be working but it’s the complete opposite
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
JFK has the best crew members I've had, but also the worst. I guess it's a very large base so you'll find a little bit of everything.

When I was based at SLC I disliked the crew from there.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM
When it comes to staff working at Hartsfields in ATL the irony is not lost on me that at the global HQ the best employees should be working but it’s the complete opposite
They also have the biggest operations here. That alone makes it very different from other airports.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Unionized work staffs in which the company doesn't get to choose who goes where will be like that. Then the company ends up being run for the convenience of the staff and customers are just an afterthought.
Happens even more in Northeast public sector unions.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by wxman22
Unionized work staffs in which the company doesn't get to choose who goes where will be like that. Then the company ends up being run for the convenience of the staff and customers are just an afterthought.
Happens even more in Northeast public sector unions.
The only (major) unionized work group at Delta is the pilots. They go where they want to go based on bids by seniority.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
We definitely have different views on this.

MCO, DTW, MSP, and JFK have some of the greatest crews in the system in my opinion.

ATL is horrid, for both in-flight crews and ground staff, which is embarrassing as it's their global HQ, "flagship" operation, and largest hub. The irony.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
As an aside, why are ATL based crew on Delta so horrid? UA doesn't have this problem with ORD, AA with DFW, WN with DAL, B6 with JFK etc.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
I agree......the GA's in Atlanta have gotten HORRIBLE of late......there are some good ones but they are pathetic for the most part. Even many of the SC agents (mostly in the B Sky Club in Atlanta) are horrible and have no interest in helping you, especially in IRROPS.

The SEA and BOS based FA's I have had have been amazing so have the NYC based FA's as they seem more enthusiastic.......and I find most flight attendants to be this way regardless of where they are based.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.