Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is Delta moving to additive pricing on intl trips with connections?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Delta moving to additive pricing on intl trips with connections?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:14 am

I'm trying BOS-SFO-SEA-PVG pricing out at 105K all on Delta medal, but BOS-SFO(DL)-ICN(KE) at 95K, but the search engine breaks if I do multi-city and try to add ICN-PVG segment. Any idea how to solve this? If nothing else works, I might still go with the 95K option and then use UA 8K to get to PVG separately... I'd be able to have a stopover in ICN.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is nothing to "solve". You are not, in fact, getting a broken fare award at 105K. It is actually a single fare award. As I have mentioned multiple times, this can easily be shown by simply clicking on the fare rules. The 95K rate is the partner "over-the-pond" rate. You can't get that when taking DL metal over-the-pond. The lowest two DL over-the-pond award rates are shown below. As you can see, there is no option between 80K and 105K when taking DL metal over-the-pond.

CSV800 80K
CSL1050 105K

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 7, 2017 at 6:05 am
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by LBJ
There is nothing to "solve". You are not, in fact, getting a broken fare award at 105K. It is actually a single fare award. As I have mentioned multiple times, this can easily be shown by simply clicking on the fare rules. The 95K rate is the partner "over-the-pond" rate. You can't get that when taking DL metal over-the-pond. The lowest two DL over-the-pond award rates are shown below. As you can see, there is no option between 80K and 105K when taking DL metal over-the-pond.

CSV800 80K
CSL1050 105K
It'd be a lot less confusing for people if Delta would just publish award charts again. Having to read the fine print of the fare rules to make sure you aren't being charged additive pricing is ridiculous.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ

CSV800 80K
CSL1050 105K
Got it. So basically this is like finding space in a higher miles bucket at 105K. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
So now DL shows a 96k J award Us-India on a very few days but only if its two flights on DL and one on a partner - so LGA-BOS-LHR (all DL)-BOM (partner). I looked at the fare rules and this is one award with a 96 code. BOS-LHR-BOM will price at 135k (additive two awards - 70+65) if mixed DL/Partner or 120k with Partner/Partner. I've also seen carrier imposed fees on the 96k award (but same flights listed twice with the other not having it). Also the 40k economy is back but again with weird routing and with some having carrier imposed fees (so instead of $75 in taxes its $350). Something is going on as these awards are all over the place. I know the DL person on this site said they were not imposing carrier fees, but it sure does look like they were / are considering a big change. But who knows. I just want things to stabilize so we know what the new normal is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.