Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Where to locate cancelled ticket online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Dear all,

I cancelled a ticket due to an illness. Delta will waive the change fee, but I need to call in make the reservation. They told me the old ticket number would should up in my wallet.

The ticket isn’t there (though I do have a record of the number).

Is there a different place I should be looking at online?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zrs70
Dear all,

I cancelled a ticket due to an illness. Delta will waive the change fee, but I need to call in make the reservation. They told me the old ticket number would should up in my wallet.

Did you try checking your email for the booking?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by zrs70
Dear all,

Not sure what the problem is if you have the ticket number and that is all DL need from you.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Not sure what the problem is if you have the ticket number and that is all DL need from you.
I don’t think I suggested it was a problem. Think of this as an “observation” rather than a “complaint.”

i just thought the value would be stored online. But if it isn’t, it isn’t!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PM/1 MM, Bonvoy LTT
I had this happen to me on a recently cancelled flight. I got a different answer on the two times I called about if or when it might show up in my account online as cancelled tickets in the past had always shown up in my account when I logged in. One agent said it would never show up and that I needed to call when I wanted to use it, while another agent said I needed to wait until the return date of the original ticket had gone by for the credit to appear in my account (noting that I could always call to have it applied before then). In the end, neither of those things happened. When I finally did call to use part of the credit though, the remaining amount of the credit appeared in my wallet.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I had a trip canceled due to DL stubbornly misinterpreting China's transit without visa (TWOV)_ policy and insisting that my trip required a visa because the very senior redcoat (thank you!) didn't believe that anyone could go to China without a visa (don't many Chinese (and Japanese, etc.) citizens do this every day?), I had to find the old ticket number and PNR in my email in order to re-use the GUCs and DL credit. There was nothing in my account and nothing that DM agents/supervisors could find.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:36 pm

I've had this happen a couple of times. For whatever reason, the phone agent can see the cancelled ticket in my account but I cannot - although like the OP the agents always think I can see it too. Makes for weird conversations.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:56 pm

If the value of the ticket is less than $200, it won't show up.

Also, if the agent didn't detach the ticket from the PNR, it won't show up until the scheduled flights are flown and the PNR gets recycled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.