Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Where to credit my skyteam round-the-world ticket, delta?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to credit my skyteam round-the-world ticket, delta?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Can you change where you want to credit your miles by segment? For example, if I'm flying from CDG-JFK-MEX on a RTW ticket, could I credit the first segment (operated by AF) to AF FB and the second segment (operated by AM) to DL?
Originally Posted by frankflieslots
see if you could change those KE flights to DL coded or else you won't get any MQMs on delta. i have done these round the world trips several times - normally averaging 2 a year. be cautious business can be booked only in certain booking classes, mostly D & I. KL, AF can only be in "I" so can be a bit frustrating... DM if you have other questions.
I liked the idea of crediting different segments into different FFPs. I am not sure if it is feasible since there will be only one ticket number for the whole trip.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Can you change where you want to credit your miles by segment? For example, if I'm flying from CDG-JFK-MEX on a RTW ticket, could I credit the first segment (operated by AF) to AF FB and the second segment (operated by AM) to DL?
Normally not. DL doesn't permit you to change the FF number associated with a PNR once the first segment has been flown (or probably actually boarded).

It *might* be possible to credit an earlier segment to a program other than DL that permits you to then change the FF number to DL, but YMMV. Similarly, if you don't have DL ticket stock, it *might* be possible to leave a FF number off the record and retroactively credit different segments to different programs, but YMMV. I can't recall any reports of someone having tried either of these methods.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I hear someone who did this by leaving out FF number on the ticket and use BP to claim miles retroactively.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Can't the check-in agent change the frequent flyer number? If so, couldn't you go to the check-in desk of each different airline and ask them to change the frequent flyer number or input a frequent flyer number for that particular segment on their particular airline? Since you're flying business-class you probably don't need to input a frequent flyer number at the time of booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.