Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection on Jet Metal with DL ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold

Hello, my family and I are flying PIT-BOM on a Delta ticket. The flights are on 9W metal between BOM and Europe (AMS out, LHR back). Both fares are in V class, economy. I would like to select seats for those legs but the Delta website says I can't and the Jet website is asking for a PNR, which I can't find on any of my receipts, etc. Is there any way to get the required information from Delta to feed into the Jet Website? Does anybody here know whether seat selection is possible?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:36 am

Have you asked DL for the 9W PNR?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

No, I guess that's what I'm asking - should Delta have it? If they would, then it's pretty easy. I'll try that and report back with my luck.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by ATLIllini
No, I guess that's what I'm asking - should Delta have it? If they would, then it's pretty easy. I'll try that and report back with my luck.
DL can give you the PNR, however you won't be able to retrieve the reservation on 9W's website with it. You will have to call 9W and provide them with their PNR. There is a charge for all Y seats, this is from experience on a full fare Y ticket booked on DL ticket stock.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM
Yes, Delta can provide you the PNR. And you can call Jet to get seats although they may charge for seat selection.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Quick update - Delta was able to give me the PNR and I called Jet. They charge $27/person/leg for seat assignments at this point (about 70 days out). We decided this cost was probably not worth it at this point. It would be nice for Delta to work out seat assignments on codeshare partners for at least their higher status FFs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.