Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Credit China Eastern or Delta? no status on either

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM

I have at least 3 CRK/LAX, maybe more, paid business class (BC=I) trips on MU and I have no status on either China Eastern or Delta (Million Miler on UA). Deal was just too good to pass up.

I have 15K in Delta account, nothing on MU.

Which is the better program to credit? Neither is strategic for me.

I'll cross post on Other Asian forum to get their feedback.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:37 am

Considering that Delta has Lifetime Status and non expiring miles and this will be your non-primary program, I would say go with Delta.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by smitopher
I have at least 3 CRK/LAX, maybe more, paid business class (BC=I) trips on MU and I have no status on either China Eastern or Delta (Million Miler on UA). Deal was just too good to pass up.

I have 15K in Delta account, nothing on MU.

Which is the better program to credit? Neither is strategic for me.

I'll cross post on Other Asian forum to get their feedback.
Please correct if there are any errors in this but if you assume that CRK to LAX will yield 15,000 miles and the following are true for Delta Partners regarding I business fares, i.e. 150% MQM / 40% MQD based on distance, I calculate the following:
22,500 miles x 3 = 67,500 MQM
$6,000 MQD (15,000 x 40%) x 3 = $18,000
You can be Delta Platinum Medallion with 7,500 more MQMs which you may already have if that part of your 15K are MQM's are flown in that period
wxman22 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Apologies for being slightly off-topic! I also cross-posted this on the Other Asian Airlines forum, if anyone can tell me.

Posting times for MU mileage credit to DL.

My wife and I flew on MU from SFO>PVG>HKG on Nov 14-15. She's an FO and all her MQDs, MQMs, and MQSs posted on Nov 17. I'm a DM and mine have yet to post! In the past both of our accounts have updated almost simultaneously, but not this time! Both of my boarding passes had my correct FF # on them also! Should I be concerned yet or give it a few more days?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:22 am

My experience is that MU credits posts takes several days to over a week. I would give it a few more days.

Originally Posted by audidudi
Apologies for being slightly off-topic! I also cross-posted this on the Other Asian Airlines forum, if anyone can tell me.

Posting times for MU mileage credit to DL.

My wife and I flew on MU from SFO>PVG>HKG on Nov 14-15. She's an FO and all her MQDs, MQMs, and MQSs posted on Nov 17. I'm a DM and mine have yet to post! In the past both of our accounts have updated almost simultaneously, but not this time! Both of my boarding passes had my correct FF # on them also! Should I be concerned yet or give it a few more days?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
I only had outbound legs of my last trip on MU post to my sky miles and have been trying to work with Delta for a few of weeks to get it corrected. Anyone else have the same issue? I have just been using the email service, wondering if I should try something different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.