Search

MQM earning on Hawaiian Air

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
MQM earning on Hawaiian Air

can you receive MQM, RDM, etc when flying on Hawaiian Airlines?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:41 am

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-airlines.html
Weekend Away likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What flights are you looking at? Please be aware -- "Eligible Flights: Flights within the State of Hawaii only."
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by LBJ
What flights are you looking at? Please be aware -- "Eligible Flights: Flights within the State of Hawaii only."
Thanks, LAX-AKL so clearly no MQM's
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:54 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
HA has a number of partnerships that are only valid for their flights within Hawaii, including their partnership with Delta. So if you're looking at flying one of their longhaul flights, there are only a handful of FF options -- HA's own program, JetBlue, and Korean being the main ones that I'm aware of. You can't earn miles with any of the US mainland majors for the longhaul flights.

Last edited by bgriff; Jun 18, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Bumping an old thread, but relevant question.

I booked a First Class interisland ticket in "A" fare on Hawaiian Air. Does anyone know if that will credit to Delta? It's not listed in Delta's chart, but hard to imagine they would exclude a first-class fare.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:15 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dmac7273
Bumping an old thread, but relevant question.

I booked a First Class interisland ticket in "A" fare on Hawaiian Air. Does anyone know if that will credit to Delta? It's not listed in Delta's chart, but hard to imagine they would exclude a first-class fare.
If it's not listed in Delta's chart you may have trouble. Possible the "A" fare is relatively new to HA and Delta just hasn't updated their table yet, or something like that, but generally the "if your fare class doesn't appear in the chart then no miles" rule is absolute.

Of course, an interisland ticket is also not missing out on very many miles, but it's certainly a shame.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:55 pm

I checked with Delta's Twitter support and got exactly what I expected:
Hi X you can apply to get credit for most partner airline flights. I am not seeing A fare listed on the list for Hawaiian Air flight. You can see more information here: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html … *TBR
So either it is a brand new fare type Delta doesn't have yet, or genuinely A doesn't earn credit. I also spoke with Hawaiian to get a quote for changing fare type to P (which is second cheapest) and learned that A is the cheapest first class fare they sell.

Anyways, decisions for me to make. Probably not worth the extra cost for so few miles. Will be interesting to see if A is added to Delta's matrix in the future.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive

So either it is a brand new fare type Delta doesn't have yet, or genuinely A doesn't earn credit. I also spoke with Hawaiian to get a quote for changing fare type to P (which is second cheapest) and learned that A is the cheapest first class fare they sell.

Anyways, decisions for me to make. Probably not worth the extra cost for so few miles. Will be interesting to see if A is added to Delta's matrix in the future.
i had this happen earlier this year. I booked first class tickets directly on Hawaiian website and added Delta skymiles number. Delta denied all mileage earning due to class being A. Surprised me but lesson learned. Glad it was on HW and not MU. I will look very closely from now on when booking partner flights.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by LBJ
With Delta's lack of options in the South Pacific, it would be nice if Delta would expand its limited partnership with Hawaii for flights to American Samoa and maybe a couple of the other islands in the region.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:23 am

@mfFrom35K Thanks for this confirmation - that's what I feared. Kinda crazy any first class fare would be excluded from SM earnings, but such is life I guess.

Last edited by dmac7273; Jun 21, 2018 at 9:31 am
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:56 pm

We were booked on First Class Delta flights from Hawaii to the mainland KOA-LAX-SLC-SUN, but there was a delay which would have caused us to miss our connection. They recommended switching to Hawaiian from KOA-HNL-SLC then Delta SLC-SUN. So we did. But now it seems they have cut our miles, MQM's and MQD's in half. They shouldn't do that, right? It's their fault the flight was delayed, not ours. Is this really a question you have to ask when you are rebooked, whether you are going to get all your MQM/MQD/Miles?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qofmiwok
We were booked on First Class Delta flights from Hawaii to the mainland KOA-LAX-SLC-SUN, but there was a delay which would have caused us to miss our connection. They recommended switching to Hawaiian from KOA-HNL-SLC then Delta SLC-SUN. So we did. But now it seems they have cut our miles, MQM's and MQD's in half. They shouldn't do that, right? It's their fault the flight was delayed, not ours. Is this really a question you have to ask when you are rebooked, whether you are going to get all your MQM/MQD/Miles?
Changes due to IRROP's are eligible for original routing credit, but it's not something that's automatically handled by the system. You will have to send in a note to DL to request it. (Hawaiian does not fly HNL-SLC by the way, did you fly DL on that leg?).
qofmiwok likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 10, 2018 at 1:15 pm
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:09 am

Updating from my previous story here. When I booked my flights in first on Hawaiian, I booked into A fare which wasn't listed at all in Delta's earning matrix, so it would get nothing.

Happy to report - A fare is now listed as an earning class on Hawaiian per https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

Not sure when they added it, but nice to see!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I received 1,500 MQMs and $129 in MQDs credit from three first-class intra-island tickets. There was no place to input my Delta Sky Miles number on the Hawaiian Airlines website when booking, but the agent at the horrendously inefficient Honolulu check-in desks and the friendly agents at super-easy Hilo and Kona airports added it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.