Search

Commentary on LAX SkyClubs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Commentary on LAX SkyClubs

First time connecting thru LAX since DL moved. I miss the proximity to Rock & Brews. I must say, however, that the complementary IPA provided in the clubs was quite good and took away some of the sting.

Arrived in terminal 2 and stopped in at the "SkyClub." What a hole-in-the-wall dump! Meets the minimum expectations for what might pass the red-faced test with respect to calling it a SkyClub,

Relocated to terminal 3. Had already been traveling most of the day, with another 24 hours ahead of me. Decided a shower would be refreshing. No bench in the showers to sit on while undressing and dressing. No toiletries offered. Did receive a "hairbrush" and dental kit when I asked upon exiting. Poor comparison to the service/facilities in DTW.

Not what I would expect for a hub.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
First time connecting thru LAX since DL moved. I miss the proximity to Rock & Brews. I must say, however, that the complementary IPA provided in the clubs was quite good and took away some of the sting.

Arrived in terminal 2 and stopped in at the "SkyClub." What a hole-in-the-wall dump! Meets the minimum expectations for what might pass the red-faced test with respect to calling it a SkyClub,

Relocated to terminal 3. Had already been traveling most of the day, with another 24 hours ahead of me. Decided a shower would be refreshing. No bench in the showers to sit on while undressing and dressing. No toiletries offered. Did receive a "hairbrush" and dental kit when I asked upon exiting. Poor comparison to the service/facilities in DTW.

Not what I would expect for a hub.
do know that DL just moved over to T2/T3 and is in the middle of a multi-billion dollar renovation?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM
Good thing you weren't there during a heatwave. Everyone was sweating in T3 Skyclub because the AC couldn't keep up.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
do know that DL just moved over to T2/T3 and is in the middle of a multi-billion dollar renovation?
Having spent a year or so without a club in PHL after DL switched terminals, the "Trust us, things will get better eventually" song and dance rings hollow.

Your excuse does not justify the deficient conditions in the terminal 3 showers.

Also, it does not take a multi-million renovation to put benches in a shower room that already has space for them.

I expect my "home away from home" to have the accommodations necessary to allow me to put my shoes on.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BTW... pretty dour crowd right now with Dodgers down 5 to 1 in the bottom of the 9th.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:13 pm

Having spent a year or so without a club in PHL after DL switched terminals, the "Trust us, things will get better eventually" song and dance rings hollow.

Your excuse does not justify the deficient conditions in the terminal 3 showers.

Also, it does not take a multi-million renovation to put benches in a shower room that already has space for them.

I expect my "home away from home" to have the accommodations necessary to allow me to put my shoes on.

Yes lets look at one outstation and completely ignore all the new/renovated clubs in the hubs and stations like SFO, MIA etc. etc. but hey, hold on to something that happened years ago under a different management and one of the largest airline mergers anyone has ever seen and oil being as high as it ever was.

I guess Delta should have either 1) just gone without a club in T3 while the expanded/renovated the old VX/TW club 2) or just made (by magic I guess) VX do a better job taking over the club from the TWA days

It would be fairly....no HIGHLY stupid for Delta to do this if they are planning on either new showers or heavy renovations to the existing showers

And I'm sure at some point DL will be able to help you with that. They haven't even been in T2/3 for a year yet and its going to take several years to make LAX a decent set up. That would be why most people who actually keep up with the airline try to avoid it like the plague.

but hey, being a fairly reasonable person isn't for everyone.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes lets look at one outstation and completely ignore all the new/renovated clubs in the hubs and stations like SFO, MIA etc. etc. but hey, hold on to something that happened years ago under a different management and one of the largest airline mergers anyone has ever seen and oil being as high as it ever was.

I guess Delta should have either 1) just gone without a club in T3 while the expanded/renovated the old VX/TW club 2) or just made (by magic I guess) VX do a better job taking over the club from the TWA days

It would be fairly....no HIGHLY stupid for Delta to do this if they are planning on either new showers or heavy renovations to the existing showers

And I'm sure at some point DL will be able to help you with that. They haven't even been in T2/3 for a year yet and its going to take several years to make LAX a decent set up. That would be why most people who actually keep up with the airline try to avoid it like the plague.

but hey, being a fairly reasonable person isn't for everyone.
https://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-...596800&sr=1-11

$24 with free delivery via Amazon Prime

Nothing unreasonable about that.

Why are you ignoring the simple fixes that are well within DL's capability?

BTW... how is your DL stock doing?
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Are you switching T2 & T3? T3 is the small hole in the wall dump SC and T2 is the SC with showers.
jalves and bgriff like this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Yeah my experience at the SC in T3 wasn't that great a few days ago.. supposedly they were full and couldn't take in any more guests. Decided to slum it out by the gates. I look forward to this renovation being completed since T3 is a complete dump.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:15 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
New Lax Skyclub

LAX T2 SkyClub

Any current info re: Skyclub LAX T3?

LAX T2 Sky Club Showers
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
what was the IPA?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:50 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond

I get your point, but I wouldn't trust a $24 Amazon shower bench for commercial use.
manacit likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
I get your point, but I wouldn't trust a $24 Amazon shower bench for commercial use.
I was imagining all the FTers with Amazon Prime ordering shower benches for delivery to the SC in anticipation of wanting to take a shower during an upcoming visit to the LAX SC. I don't think the dragons would be amused to stack them up near the reception desks on a hold for arriving passenger basis. Nor would TSA airport security be happy.
manacit and worldwidedreamer like this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:50 pm

Thats great. What does that have to do with anything? Using a home item for commercial use? Good plan. Cant see any flaws in it.

So far so good. I got in at around 6 bucks IIRC. Thankfully Delta has management that doesn't want to go back into bankruptcy like you clearly want them too.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund

Thats great. What does that have to do with anything? Using a home item for commercial use? Good plan. Cant see any flaws in it.

So far so good. I got in at around 6 bucks IIRC. Thankfully Delta has management that doesn't want to go back into bankruptcy like you clearly want them too.
EDIT: See what poster is doing. Don't understand fascination with colors and underlining however.
mmgm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.