Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Spend Rollover Upgrading from Delta AMEX Gold to Platinum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Yesterday I upgraded from the Delta AMEX Gold to Delta AMEX Platinum. This was a "product change" upgrade at my request on the AMEX portal, NOT a new application.

I have spent $45k thus far on my Delta AMEX Gold card in 2017. Will any of the spend rollover and count toward the new Platinum card which will allow me get the additional MQM bonus benefit for spending $25k and $50k or will all my spend thus far for year be wiped out/reset because I have a new card type?

I saw a similar post on this forum, but it was specific to Platinum to Reserve. My question is similar, but Gold to Platinum.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I hope you've held a platinum DL amex before... If not, you've forfeited the platinum sign up bonus for life(which is currently great... 70k RDMs/10k MQMs).

You will get the 10k MQM/RDM boost at the next cycle closing and in 5k more spend, you'll get the second 10k MQM/RDM boost. Upgrades in product carry over the spend as you've described.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.