Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL CMH-AMS/CDG Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I don't think any city or state in the Eastern time zone can be midwestern, by definition. Most of Ohio and most of Michigan (at least east of US-127) has more in common culturally with Pennsylvania and New York.
Indiana is in the Eastern time zone.....

And there is nothing Indiana has in common with New York....
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I don't think any city or state in the Eastern time zone can be midwestern, by definition. Most of Ohio and most of Michigan (at least east of US-127) has more in common culturally with Pennsylvania and New York.
You would be wrong. Time zones do not define anything but time. You really think Indiana is not in the midwest?

'By definition' varies by who is setting the definitions, but there is one precise and clear agency (the US census) that I would tend to defer to, as it uses the actual name 'Midwest'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._and_divisions

There are lots of other zone definitions in that Wiki, which vary and have different names. But in none of them is Ohio lumped with any east-coast state.

Cultures vary, and people can talk themselves in circles about what they identify with (or maybe more strongly what they DON'T identify with). But when you say 'by definition' you need to consider facts not opinions.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
But... But.... the ME3 is receiving subsidies!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.