Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK _ SNN Down gauged for 2018 to 757, No Delta One

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK _ SNN Down gauged for 2018 to 757, No Delta One

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GWYIRL
Does this mean elites qualify for complimentary upgrades?
Unfortunately no, standard rules apply for medallion upgrades. A GUC is still required to upgrade (no RUC allowed even though not D1).
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by minnyfly
JFK-FRA on the same dates is $2,200. JFK-DUB is $2,338. A host of them are in the $2,500-2,600 range. And that's just JFK.

They had seats for sale? Wish I could have been there! All the fun is in ATL.
JFK is lucky. I consider any TATL RT around $4000 for D1 to be a good deal relative to the prices I usually see.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Hmm, I see JFK-DUB is in D1 and cheaper than JFK-SNN
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Hmm, I see JFK-DUB is in D1 and cheaper than JFK-SNN
I suspect there's more competition on the DUB route, although it's also somewhat more business oriented than SNN.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
JFK is lucky. I consider any TATL RT around $4000 for D1 to be a good deal relative to the prices I usually see.
The $2k prices are typical only for lengthy advance purchases during business off peak (summer and winter holidays), otherwise $4k - $7k is more typical ex-JFK TATL. The exception is JFK-FRA which seems to max out closer to $3k with reasonable advance purchase.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
The $2k prices are typical only for lengthy advance purchases during business off peak (summer and winter holidays), otherwise $4k - $7k is more typical ex-JFK TATL. The exception is JFK-FRA which seems to max out closer to $3k with reasonable advance purchase.
I'm talking about Z fares, generally with 50 day advanced purchase and seven night minimum stay requirements.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
I think this has to be a mistake. Have you called to find out for sure?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm talking about Z fares, generally with 50 day advanced purchase and seven night minimum stay requirements.
I routinely buy JFK-DUB and JFK-FRA in D1 at the $2300 price range. JFK-SNN has never been viable for me given Delta's highway robbery prices. It sucks as I have an office in Limerick but I'd rather fly in D1 to DUB then have one of my employees (that lives in Dublin) pick me up on their commute down to Limerick.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
If this route is moving to domestic config 757 then what about this is D1? My understanding from the times JFK-LAX vv have been downgauged is that it's normal domestic catering due to lack of the ovens needed for D1 menus. No flat bed seats. So you get a pillow and blanket to sleep upright and magically that's now D1?! Shame on DL as that's false advertising https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ess-class.html
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
If this route is moving to domestic config 757 then what about this is D1? My understanding from the times JFK-LAX vv have been downgauged is that it's normal domestic catering due to lack of the ovens needed for D1 menus. No flat bed seats. So you get a pillow and blanket to sleep upright and magically that's now D1?! Shame on DL as that's false advertising https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ess-class.html
Plus it indicates you'll arrive relaxed thanks to 180 degree lay flat seats.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Plus it indicates you'll arrive relaxed thanks to 180 degree lay flat seats.
That's exactly my point. Plus if you click on the 'Dine' tab it goes into details about chef curated meals from Andrea Robinson, which this plane can't offer because it doesn't have the right galleys and ovens. Awful and deceptive advertising on DL's part.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Actually I see now they've updated the flight listings and only list it as First Class vs. Delta One. This is even more confusing because Delta doesn't offer international first class.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Last edited by FSUnole03; Oct 22, 2017 at 3:17 am
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Actually I see now they've updated the flight listings and only list it as First Class vs. Delta One. This is even more confusing because Delta doesn't offer international first class.
More "interesting" (if that's the right word) is the tab on the left of that screen shot....
Rhinolicious likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
More "interesting" (if that's the right word) is the tab on the left of that screen shot....
Oh my.
Rhinolicious likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.