Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not able to rebook on A350 J Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Not able to rebook on A350 J Class

I am ticketed in a revenue J seat. I had a massive schedule change this morning and requested to be re-routed on DTW-NRT-PVG, but after working with 3 agents in the last 3 hours and tried the route over a few days. Agents said that they tried long-sell, etc. but there seems to be a block, either from married segment logic or otherwise. I suspect that it will be challenging to rebook on the A350.

Anyone else has a similar experience?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by currentjer
I am ticketed in a revenue J seat. I had a massive schedule change this morning and requested to be re-routed on DTW-NRT-PVG, but after working with 3 agents in the last 3 hours and tried the route over a few days. Agents said that they tried long-sell, etc. but there seems to be a block, either from married segment logic or otherwise. I suspect that it will be challenging to rebook on the A350.

Anyone else has a similar experience?
Oh boy. Here we go...

I bet it's that absurd equipment surcharge that's preventing it. What was your original routing?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
When are you looking to travel? NRT-PVG ends next year. Was this awatd or cash?

The fare surcharge should have nothing to do with it. They simply tell computer even exchange instead of repricing.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Cash ticket. NRT-PVG was available. But DTW-NRT could not be added to the itin. It should have been a simple re-route. One of the agents said that "system could not add point to point from Detroit" -
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by currentjer
Cash ticket. NRT-PVG was available. But DTW-NRT could not be added to the itin. It should have been a simple re-route. One of the agents said that "system could not add point to point from Detroit" -

HUCA. you may want to ask for the intl reissues desk, they can override as needed.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
What is/was the original full routing?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:21 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Does the online tool offer any options for rebooking?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:48 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Not exactly the same, but I had two J award seats HND-LAX-JFK in December that had an ugly schedule change a few months ago. I called and was able to get rebooked NRT-DTW-LGA without any issue or additional miles needed.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
What is/was the original full routing?
That's a good question. Maybe there's a broken fare (or routing restriction that has nothing to do with A350 suites).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.