Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Not true -Delta has indicated to me there will be NO global upgrades to Delta Suites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not true -Delta has indicated to me there will be NO global upgrades to Delta Suites?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You do realize, don't you, that upgrades with miles must officially be confirmed before the day of departure and cannot go to the gate like GUC/RUC upgrades, although some GAs know how to upgrade with miles and might be willing to do so if there are seats after other instrument supported upgrades have been processed and there's sufficient time.

BTW, is this a flight with D1 or D1 Suites? This thread is about upgrades to D1 Suites on the new A350 aircraft.
Yes MSP, I know how it works but appreciate you reminding me nonetheless. I'm in PE so the upgrade is a nice to have. Also, interested to see if it actually clears ahead of time.

Yes MSP, this is an A350. What other Delta aircraft have PE without a D1 suite at this point?
bonoman likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
At the end of 2016, I tried to use GUCs for trips to JNB (Oct) and SYD (Dec). I could not clear at the time of purchase so things went sideways for me.

However, I was able to use GUCs for a September 2017 trip to HKG (purchased 11 months in advance and ug held at first with SMs).

Yesterday, I tried to use SMS (then later transfer to GUCs) for a September 2018 trip to HKG. There was no ug (OY?) availability on any dates in September. I had them check August then July and still no ug inventory even for SEA-HKG.

So did I run into HKG being added to the SYD/JNB list or is it rather the case that since one can select a 350 to HKG (via at least ICN and PVG and perhaps NRT) that DL is doing a blanket removal of us inventory for flights in/out of HKG?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:13 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Quick update here, last week I had a GUC clear from Premium Select to Delta one for both me and my partner for DTW-NRT 5 days out. Before it cleared there were 14 seats open.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Quick update here, last week I had a GUC clear from Premium Select to Delta one for both me and my partner for DTW-NRT 5 days out. Before it cleared there were 14 seats open.

Yup, ours cleared today for a DTW>NRT, 6 days out, but from the main cabin (did you have to use 2 GUCs to go from Main cabin>PS>D1?).

unfortunately the continuation onto SIN looks sold out in D1...oh well, happy to get it for the longer flight if that's what it comes to.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
Yup, ours cleared today for a DTW>NRT, 6 days out, but from the main cabin (did you have to use 2 GUCs to go from Main cabin>PS>D1?).

unfortunately the continuation onto SIN looks sold out in D1...oh well, happy to get it for the longer flight if that's what it comes to.
No, i was in paid PS
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
No, i was in paid PS
a-ha - very nice, enjoy! Any thoughts on which seats you're grabbing? we're currently row 2 in the middle...
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:31 pm

a-ha - very nice, enjoy! Any thoughts on which seats you're grabbing? we're currently row 2 in the middle...
When traveling alone, I always go for the window, but when with a partner I go for the middle!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SQ Silver, Marriott Plat, Hotels.com Gold
Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing when you bought your ticket?

I'll inevitably be booking a SIN-NRT-DTW flight and will try to use a GUC to get D1 suites and hopefully D1 on the SIN-NRT leg too. Am curious how far out the seats on the SIN-NRT flight book up and wait-list for GUCs.

Either way, congrats on it clearing for the long one. Enjoy the ride!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:09 pm

Booked mid July. Was waitlist on all legs until today when dtw/nrt cleared. Fwiw, was the first guc clearance that happened automatically for me out of, I dunno, 18 or so flighta. I guess that's good.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: HHDIA, SPG PLAT, DLDIA
Booked DTW/ICN 6 months ago and was waitlisted from economy to D1 suite using a GUC. I'm on the phone now with Delta as my trip is in 5 days and I have not yet cleared. Agent says it is all messed up and she is seeing two upgrade codes, one saying no upgrade available and the other saying upgrade is available. Any minute now I can tell you the results....agent is fussing that it has been a difficult transition to the D1 suite upgrades but she is very pleasant and working hard to resolve....well, the system was about to upgrade me to Premium Select automatically but the supervisor was insisting that the upgrade should be to D1 which the system would not accept. Agent ended up telling me that I should clear into D1 but it can't happen yet. Limbo......
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:25 pm

My GUC cleared at the gate from economy straight to D1 suite on 11/23 DTW/ICN.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:29 pm

The middle seats on the A350 suites do not have air vents and it was way to warm to sleep for me. When I closed my suite door it cut off all air circulation and I lasted about 2 minutes with it closed. All window seats have 2 air vents. Since the suite walls are above your head I can't understand how they missed air circulation for the middle seats.
hi55us likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Fish Creek
The middle seats on the A350 suites do not have air vents and it was way to warm to sleep for me. When I closed my suite door it cut off all air circulation and I lasted about 2 minutes with it closed. All window seats have 2 air vents. Since the suite walls are above your head I can't understand how they missed air circulation for the middle seats.
I hope you sent this into Delta.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Fish Creek
Pretty much have the same feeling after two flights in the middle. I'm going to be sending in comments. I feel the suite door has zero purpose. It's the perfect example of over engineering IMO.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Seriously??? No air vents?? Come on Delta! Skipping the basics while you are busy investing in nonsense. This is a big issue for me as I really can't sleep without feeling some air flow. I do have a small battery operated travel fan for exactly these situations that does do the trick, but I would never have thought I I would need it in D1 on a new a/c that DL designed from scratch.

btw, this discussion should probably be moved to a general A350 thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.