FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Not true -Delta has indicated to me there will be NO global upgrades to Delta Suites? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1872647-not-true-delta-has-indicated-me-there-will-no-global-upgrades-delta-suites.html)

Khatl Oct 18, 2017 6:15 am

Not true -Delta has indicated to me there will be NO global upgrades to Delta Suites?

I've been trying to redeem my global upgrade (GUC) on a flight to Japan next year in the new Delta One Suites, but been frustrated multiple times. I finally raised a complaint about the process as agents eventually told me that they have no 'code' to upgrade people to Delta One Suites. After a little back and forth, I received the following confirmation as part of a response from Delta:

'With the A350 debut Delta began selling the new Delta One Suites, the World's first all-suite business class. With this new luxury cabin we offer a variety of fares including mileage awards, however we are not offering any type of upgrade to this premium product.'

If true, Delta has hugely devalued global upgrades. Has anyone had official confirmation of this?

whooperatw Oct 18, 2017 6:21 am

That would contradict everything Delta has said in the past about using certs.

Previous guidance was one can upgrade to Premium Select or Delta One (Suites). No verbiage on the T&C site says one can't upgrade to these. Now to actual availability being there, that will be a different question.

October 30th, I am sure a few waitlisters will be able to confirm/deny.

LonghaulCommuter Oct 18, 2017 6:29 am

I had read that it takes one GUC to upgrade to Premium Select and a second GUC to upgrade to Suites. I suppose even that possibility is gone. You can still use your GUC to upgrade to PS but that's much worse than Delta One on their other planes, even the 767.

hnewman Oct 18, 2017 6:34 am

Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter (Post 28946555)
I had read that it takes one GUC to upgrade to Premium Select and a second GUC to upgrade to Suites. I suppose even that possibility is gone. You can still use your GUC to upgrade to PS but that's much worse than Delta One on their other planes, even the 767.

Source please

MSPeconomist Oct 18, 2017 6:37 am

What I remember are earlier statements that if you use a GUC to first upgrade to Premium Economy, an additional GUC will be required to upgrade further to the D1 Suites but if you upgrade directly from coach into D1 Suites, only one GUC will be required.

Khatl Oct 18, 2017 7:46 am

The agents are telling me there is no booking class to process the GUC. And just had Delta on Twitter indicate there 'may be no booking class available' for Delta One Suites

bretthexum Oct 18, 2017 7:50 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28946584)
What I remember are earlier statements that if you use a GUC to first upgrade to Premium Economy, an additional GUC will be required to upgrade further to the D1 Suites but if you upgrade directly from coach into D1 Suites, only one GUC will be required.

This. It's still listed on Delta GUC site.

Certificates are flexible — they can be used to upgrade directly from Main Cabin to either Delta Comfort+, First Class, Delta Premium Select or Delta One. Or they can be used to upgrade from Delta Comfort+ to either First Class, or Delta One. Or they can be used to upgrade from Delta Premium Select to Delta One.

I'm not going to be happy if they backpedal on this one.

SkyMilesTeam Oct 18, 2017 8:03 am

Hi everyone, wanted to clear up any confusion surrounding Delta One suite upgrades. Diamond Medallion Members can use one Global Upgrade Certificate to upgrade directly to a Delta One suite from any cabin of service offered on the flight – including Main Cabin (excluding Basic Economy).

KDCAflyer Oct 18, 2017 8:03 am

That's what I thought. Thanks!

MazdaMP Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam (Post 28946857)
Hi everyone, wanted to clear up any confusion surrounding Delta One suite upgrades. Diamond Medallion Members can use one Global Upgrade Certificate to upgrade directly to a Delta One suite from any cabin of service offered on the flight – including Main Cabin (excluding Basic Economy).

/thread.
lol

bretthexum Oct 18, 2017 8:08 am

Cool, so the question begs... has anyone been able to actually use a GUC to confirm a seat in a Delta One suite?

lov2fly Oct 18, 2017 8:10 am

Thanks for the clarification.

I'd also like to say that it's great that you seem to be monitoring this board and posting updated clarifications before we all get a chance to get overly hot and bothered about bad information or an incorrect statement that one phone agent gave out.

hockeyinsider Oct 18, 2017 8:14 am

It's nice to know Delta monitors Flyer Talk, although me wonders why Delta don't step in more often to clarify questions. Hopefully, this also means they gather feedback from members posted here and share with the appropriate internal corporate channels.

stencil Oct 18, 2017 8:18 am

Does this mean that if I'm Diamond in 2017 and save some GUCs for 2018, I can't use them to UG into Suites if I'm not still Diamond at time of booking?

KDCAflyer Oct 18, 2017 8:29 am

Originally Posted by stencil (Post 28946914)
Does this mean that if I'm Diamond in 2017 and save some GUCs for 2018, I can't use them to UG into Suites if I'm not still Diamond at time of booking?

No. Upgrade certs do not require status to use. As long as they're valid, even a regular member can use them.