Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied SkyClub Access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:09 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mi Dushi
How about this? Bring the food in but leave the kid outside? I think the "dragon" was attempting to work within the rules given her to serve the largest portion of her customers.

Yes I'm cranky, but I don't think small children belong in fine restaurants, offices, or other "grown-up" places. I pay the SC dues every year specifically so I can have a last bit of peace and quiet before getting locked into a confined space with crying babies, adults who feel compelled to share every thought that passes between their ears, and the never-ending attempts of the airline to sell me something beyond transportation from point a to point b.
You should fly private.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Quote:
Food and beverages may not be removed from any Delta Sky Club.

Just walked out of the MSP SC and the woman asked me if I wanted a Pink Lemonade to take with me. Hmmm. Is this not a beverage? Where will this lead?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by puck021
Quote:
Food and beverages may not be removed from any Delta Sky Club.

Just walked out of the MSP SC and the woman asked me if I wanted a Pink Lemonade to take with me. Hmmm. Is this not a beverage? Where will this lead?
Cans of pink lemonade are being sold this month for the breast cancer awareness charity.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: NWA Platimun, AA gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferrd Select
Exclamation Disappointing

I'm not surprised this happened in Atlanta - the staff in the club and at the gates are not customer friendly. I don't think this would have happened at the clubs in Memphis, Minneapolis, Seattle or Salt Lake City!!!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Cans of pink lemonade are being sold this month for the breast cancer awareness charity.
Sold to be consumed in the club? It’s a great cause of course, and I donated but didn’t take a can so as to be in full compliance with the rules.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think the rule means that you shouldn't take out any F&B supplied by the SC.

Since it's an officially DL sponsored charity, I suspect you could either consume the pink lemonade in the lounge, take it with you, or do both as long as you make a donation.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I took my remaining Redeye (coffee/espresso) with me from JFK SC today and was so nervous as I walked to gate.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
I took my remaining Redeye (coffee/espresso) with me from JFK SC today and was so nervous as I walked to gate.
Wheh, glad that you made it. Lol
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLT.
I salute this thread.

Only on FT can any given topic become (in mere minutes) "summon the yoghurt police."
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:35 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mi Dushi
I pay the SC dues every year specifically so I can have a last bit of peace and quiet . . . .
Sorry, I don't think Delta offers anything like that!

Welcome to FlyerTalk Delta forum!
fti likes this.

Last edited by davetravels; Oct 17, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by james318
From my restaurant owner friends, they deny outside food and drink due to health code violations associated with it. Apparently a place that serves its own food isn't supposed to allow food in for that reason. I'm told anyway. Who knows if it is true.
OT but the major reason is that if patrons are occupying your seats they should be buying from your restaurant/bar. It may happen to also violate local health codes in some places.
fti likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:36 pm

This is absurd as infants and toddlers have different food needs. Even the TSA makes an exception to their liquid rule for infants and toddlers so that they can have their own food and beverages. Also, what of people with special dietary needs?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Marilu
This is absurd as infants and toddlers have different food needs. Even the TSA makes an exception to their liquid rule for infants and toddlers so that they can have their own food and beverages. Also, what of people with special dietary needs?
Talk to Fulton and Clayton counties to change the law about bringing outside food or booze into a club. They are the reason this "rule" was set up.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by kettle1
Talk to Fulton and Clayton counties to change the law about bringing outside food or booze into a club. They are the reason this "rule" was set up.
If true that explains why the SCs can't have attendants making discretionary exceptions to the policy.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by kthomas
It's SEALED. It will be fine for MONTHS as long as it is SEALED.

Sheesh. Here's guessing you've never worked on a dairy farm???
Wait, What? A dairy product will be fine for months without refrigeration? You must live near the polar caps.

Show me a label from a dairy product where it states that, so I can buy it and test it out in the temperature here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.