Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Workarounds for attaining Diamond medallion in 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Workarounds for attaining Diamond medallion in 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by ULDB65
Nope- regular flight TPA-ATL-MSP. You can see travel time including layover in ATL is only about 5 hours.

Most first class tickets were only $7-$8k, but the popular ones were higher.
And you run into the 75K Skymiles max. I'd probably do it as two one ways
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Attachment 41418
Nope- regular flight TPA-ATL-MSP. You can see travel time including layover in ATL is only about 5 hours.

Most first class tickets were only $7-$8k, but the popular ones were higher.
I just pulled up those days, and First Class flights are around $1k...

Last edited by cestmoi123; Oct 12, 2017 at 5:57 am
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
James... I am worried about you. You seem to have WAY too many SkyMiles. Please consider burning them before the next enhancement!

Also you have the wrong Amex card. I see you are PM. If you had the Reserve card you could be DM. ;-)
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Its true, but if you want a fully flexible/refundable ticket (in case your team doesn't make it), five of those daily flights price out as I showed. Here's a few more:
Attached Images  
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:58 am

Its true, but if you want a fully flexible/refundable ticket (in case your team doesn't make it), five of those daily flights price out as I showed. Here's a few more:
Interesting. I tried to pull up refundable F fares, and it didn't pull up any. I think they're basically trying to not sell those fares for those dates, for exactly the reason you mention...
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not really a workaround, but flying from Tampa to MSP for the Superbowl could almost get you DM in just 5 hours each way, off that one domestic flight...
This would be the MQDs only, with not nearly enough MQMs/MQSs, although this could work for someone with about 120,000 rollover or more.

You'd still have to fight crowds and pay a lot to sleep in the Twin Cities then, even if you don't try to go to the game.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This would be the MQDs only, with not nearly enough MQMs/MQSs, although this could work for someone with about 120,000 rollover or more.

You'd still have to fight crowds and pay a lot to sleep in the Twin Cities then, even if you don't try to go to the game.
It was intended as an amusing aside, not a serious suggestion. If you wanted to spend $15k on one flight, I can think of some better destinations than MSP in winter!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
For just $250, you could also get a reasonably accurate psychiatric evaluation, where the allure of Diamond status could be excised from all rational thought.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Slow learner
For just $250, you could also get a reasonably accurate psychiatric evaluation, where the allure of Diamond status could be excised from all rational thought.
Lay off the personal attacks.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Slow learner
For just $250, you could perhaps find a board to frequent that isn't one specifically inclined toward those who fly frequently and might care about status.
cestmoi123 and jamesteroh like this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Lay off the personal attacks.
I'd lay off the serious pills. Clearly a joke about people addicted to status.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by syd999

That's a great point, that might be worth while to some folks here. I tried calling them but went to voicemail (yep, seriously. they have voicemail!!). Anyone know the answer to this question (whether you can use delta private jet credit to buy tickets for someone else)?
Out of curiosity, did you ever hear back on whether or not you could use a Delta Private Jets card to pay for other people's commercial flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.