Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When was the last time your status was acknowledged by a FA in the “main cabin”?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When was the last time your status was acknowledged by a FA in the “main cabin”?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

When I lived in PDX and flew AS my status was almost always acknowledged by the FA during drink service. Maybe because it was the status got a free cockatail.

As a Diamond my upgrade percent is less than 50% and can’t recall a FA ever mentioning it.

Just curious and thought about it today on my “main cabin” middle seat from PBI-ATL. Not a complaint morbid curiosity.

Last edited by apodo77; Oct 2, 2017 at 9:30 am
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was in C+ but was flying a short ATL-CLT leg not too long ago and the FA came by and thanked me for being an FO. I didn’t here her thank anyone else but I think I was one of the only medallions in Y as there were only 6 PAX on the UG list and 4/6 cleared with #5 being me.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
They thank me so often for being a DM and MM, it's really embarrassing. I'm probably wrong but it seems like it happens on every flight, certainly in Delta One. On my last flight in C+, the FA said "Mr. *****, thank you for being a Diamond Medallion member and a million miler. We appreciate your business and loyalty. If there's anything I can do to make your flight more comfortable, don't hesitate to call on me.". It's a bit strange because she walked by several rows straight up to me. Weren't there other DMs in the cabin? BTW, this was an international flight so it's not like I was the unlucky sole who missed out on an upgrade.
trnflyr likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Dunno. Don't really care either. I mean, it's nice to be recognized, but sometimes awkward when it's forced/artificial, and ultimately IKWIA and don't really need the "systemized friendly touches [to] keep my world in orbit"
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I think it's a nice touch. I don't have that kind of status, but it would certainly be nice to hear someone recognize that I stick to their brand.
KENNECTED likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:06 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Not explicity, but a few weeks ago I did a SDS to an earlier flight after finding out my original flight was delayed and I would misconnect. I barely cleared (the flight was completely full and luckily one person no showed, I was the only standby to clear) and ended up in the last row by the "window" on a MD88, seat 36E (which doesn't actually have a window). When the drink cart finally got to me I ordered a double woofdord and was getting my drink vouchers pulled up on the app but the FA waved it off and said "this one's on me".
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn
Not explicity, but a few weeks ago I did a SDS to an earlier flight after finding out my original flight was delayed and I would misconnect. I barely cleared (the flight was completely full and luckily one person no showed, I was the only standby to clear) and ended up in the last row by the "window" on a MD88, seat 36E (which doesn't actually have a window). When the drink cart finally got to me I ordered a double woofdord and was getting my drink vouchers pulled up on the app but the FA waved it off and said "this one's on me".
Sat in 36 on an MD 90 recently.
No luck on the freebie!
Thats a brutal seat - you earned that freebie!

Last edited by apodo77; Oct 2, 2017 at 5:04 am
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

In where?!?!?!?!?

Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I cleared standby into a 35E middle seat recently:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28776706-post97919.html

and also had the FA decline to take my drink voucher ^
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
I cleared standby into a 35E middle seat recently:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28776706-post97919.html

and also had the FA decline to take my drink voucher ^
Think I posted it in the random complaint thread but I never get lucky like this.
In fact recently I was in the aisle and had a voucher to go and the FA scanned it.
A lady in the window had her voucher ready to go (she was a Gold member - could see the voucher) and the FA told her to not worry about paying.
I felt very discriminated against! Haha
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
They thank me so often for being a DM and MM, it's really embarrassing. I'm probably wrong but it seems like it happens on every flight, certainly in Delta One. ...
Ditto. It may not be during drink service, but these acknowledgments happen so often it's a surprise when I don't hear them, FWIW.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:27 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Never as a PM. Fly almost entirely TATL and West Coast.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Most often this happens on single-cabin RJs.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by pvn
Maybe it was your status, but it could've also been pity. That's an awful seat.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:37 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by WWads
Most often this happens on single-cabin RJs.
Since they don't fly those around the West Coast, maybe that contributes to my never having been thanked.

Or maybe I really don't look the part and they think I switched seats.

Regardless, it's not important, but just curious in light of others' reports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.