Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Boarding Pass -- Sky?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Diamond Boarding Pass -- Sky?

Am I the only one seeing electronic boarding passes showing Sky as a Diamond in Comfort+? It happened on Thursday and I noticed it again for my flight tomorrow. Upon check-in on the app, the one segment for which I haven't been upgraded went from PREM to Sky.

Isolated issue for me, or are y'all seeing that, too?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Not just you. I'm flying later today and on my second leg, I am in C+. I didn't look or pay attention when I initially checked in but I just looked and sure enough it says "Sky" for the boarding zone.

I am traveling with a companion (GM). Not sure if that is making a difference or a factor.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
It's not just you, OP, though I don't know how widespread it is or what is causing it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-sky-zone.html
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ty97
It's not just you, OP, though I don't know how widespread it is or what is causing it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-sky-zone.html
I can't believe I missed that thread; sorry 'bout creating a new one.

Contacted DL via Twitter and they said no change has been made to boarding priority and that they'd put in a note to IT. Similarly, boarding announcements in PIT and ATL on Thursday still said Diamonds could board with PREM.

Thanks, everyone.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by kishkash
I can't believe I missed that thread; sorry 'bout creating a new one.
No apology needed. When I read your thread, I had a slight recollection of seeing someone else in this boat recently, so went to look for it to let you know you're not alone (though hopefully DL gets it fixed!)

I'm not (yet) DM, but I know I've seen cases as a PLAT this year where I was upgraded to F by still showed SKY, which I don't think is how it is supposed to work. So maybe something is off.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
The last two times I've flown out of ATL, I've noticed the boarding was different. The first time, on a CR9, the order was: rows 1-4 (FC), DMs, C+, other medallions, zones 1-3. That seemed OK since DMs were still boarding before Sky, but it was the first time I had noticed them being called up separately as opposed to all PREM passengers. This last time, the GA called rows 1-4, then Sky with no mention of DMs. I heard a couple of people near saying something like "guess we've been downgraded again." I didn't ask them, but my assumption was that they were DMs complaining about being boarded with Sky.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:27 pm

DM here. Flying XXX-NRT-DTW-XXX today. Two segments has SKY, domestic upgrade 6 days out showed PREM.

Beginning to suspect that another DM devaluation is about to happen, and DMs will soon lose the privilege of boarding with PREM when flying in Y.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by Grogs
The last two times I've flown out of ATL, I've noticed the boarding was different. The first time, on a CR9, the order was: rows 1-4 (FC), DMs, C+, other medallions, zones 1-3. That seemed OK since DMs were still boarding before Sky, but it was the first time I had noticed them being called up separately as opposed to all PREM passengers. This last time, the GA called rows 1-4, then Sky with no mention of DMs. I heard a couple of people near saying something like "guess we've been downgraded again." I didn't ask them, but my assumption was that they were DMs complaining about being boarded with Sky.
I've seen this a few times when the maintenance crew had finished preparing the F/D1 cabin but was still working on the main cabin.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Checked-in for flight tomorrow. Mobile BP says PREM, while App BP says Sky.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
DM here. Flying XXX-NRT-DTW-XXX today. Two segments has SKY, domestic upgrade 6 days out showed PREM.

Beginning to suspect that another DM devaluation is about to happen, and DMs will soon lose the privilege of boarding with PREM when flying in Y.
That could potentially be the last straw for me. If you're going to make the qualification hurdles higher, you should make the benefits greater rather than lesser.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:17 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Kishy? Are you a DM via Amex waiver - - or REAL money?!?

Maybe they're trying to prepare us "Faux Amex Low Spending Gamer Diamonds" for being Platinum in Feb 2019.

Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by acrophobia
I've seen this a few times when the maintenance crew had finished preparing the F/D1 cabin but was still working on the main cabin.
Doubt that was it here. Basically right after the 12 F people got on she called the next group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.