Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Club looting - what have you seen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Poster

I was in the Sky Lounge in MSP and they had a self serve section. I noticed a gentleman grab not 1 not 2 but 13 Cran-apple cans and put them in his roller bag. I get grabbing an extra cookie for the flight or maybe a can for the plane but 13 cans? Has anyone else seen anything like this?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wow thats way over the top excessive. Pretty much up there with those who fill their big water bottle with vodka.
puck021, jamesteroh and hi55us like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
Wow thats way over the top excessive. Pretty much up there with those who fill their big water bottle with vodka.
I may not be paying attention so I haven't seen anything like that, but holy..

My only takeaway is an apple for the plane. I like how they're individually wrapped at some of the SCs and I'm a bit OCD, so...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
13 is a very specific number to have seen someone pilfer...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Those cans are like $20 for a case of 48 at my grocery store, which is not a cheap one. So he's going to go through the effort of carrying that around for like a $5 value? It's not just that people are cheap or dishonest, but they are also frankly quite weird.

No way I would risk any of my electronics (shaver, BT speaker), clothes or paperwork in my roller to get $5 of sugar laden juice.

He's in the minority and I say let him. If they monitor this too much or post too many signs, it takes away the ambiance they are trying to cultivate.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've taken a bottle or two of tea from a lounge (not SC) before a long flight. However never once thought of restocking my fridge by cleaning out the lounge fridge.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I once saw a guy just straight up stealing every cookie from the food area. I'd never seen such brazen behavior. It was rude and kept me from getting a cookie for myself.

Luckily, I was able to get a picture of him in action and promptly inform the SC workers so he could be stopped and immediately removed.

I mean, look at this guy, who would have seen it coming? The nerve of some people....

Last edited by MEMLawGuy; Sep 29, 2017 at 1:51 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: DL - PM
Yesterday I saw a guy take a full bottle of water (one of the large ones like the flight attendants serve from in flight) from the A-17 Sky Club in Atlanta and put it in his bag. Not a big ticket item, but I still found it funny.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by Ordhater
Yesterday I saw a guy take a full bottle of water (one of the large ones like the flight attendants serve from in flight) from the A-17 Sky Club in Atlanta and put it in his bag. Not a big ticket item, but I still found it funny.
I kinda understand that one because I would rather in FC they just give you one big bottle instead of ninety of those tiny ones.

Its nice to have a large bottle to drink from if in Y instead of begging for a cup at a time

I guess its WBBB (Want bottle bring bottle)
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes you take some snack food in a lounge only to have your flight suddenly be announced, be changed to a very far gate, or start boarding. In such situations, I think it can make more sense to take the food with you (if this can easily be done, so I'm obviously not talking about something that's messy) to consume on the plane than to waste it. Once you've taken the food, it can't be recycled to be served to someone else.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I watched a lady take a gallon sized ziploc bag to one of the snack dispensers and go to town a few weeks back in the SFO club. She looked back furtively over her shoulder, caught my incredulous look, and immediately scurried for the exit of the club, so she was clearly aware what she was doing was wrong...
puck021, CPMaverick, nlkm9 and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Sometimes you take some snack food in a lounge only to have your flight suddenly be announced, be changed to a very far gate, or start boarding. In such situations, I think it can make more sense to take the food with you (if this can easily be done, so I'm obviously not talking about something that's messy) to consume on the plane than to waste it. Once you've taken the food, it can't be recycled to be served to someone else.
I think we’ve all grabbed an extra square of cheese while in a rush on our way to suffering a CRJ200 flight at some point, and wrapping a leftover cookie in a napkin so it doesn’t go to waste doesn’t bother anyone. And the occasional Biscoff banditry isn’t a big deal either.

I think OP is more referring to gratuitous theft - pilfering large quantities of an item, or bringing containers to fill up. That sort of behavior is why we can’t have nice things

Fun fact: I found a bar of the old shelf-stable pasteurized process cheese food from the early post-merger days in an old laptop bag the other day. Even six years or so later, it still looked exactly like it did when I picked it up... eep.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SW A List, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum United 1K
I've seen all the prepackaged food in LAX T3 lead many to temptation....😏
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
It was about 4 years ago, but I witnessed two stereotypically "Texan" women across the aisle from me unpack their pilfered snacks while the flight was boarding (They were in A&C of an MD88, I was across the aisle in D). They'd filled their tray tables with biscoff, a dozen of those tillamook cheese slices, and some baggies of snack mix when a deadheading pilot with the middle seat shows up. The woman in the aisle seat didn't want to move even after he said "you're delaying everyone the flight" because he had "interrupted her picnic" (in the most texan drawl possible). They were obviously traveling together, but made the poor pilot sit in between them the whole way ATL-DFW.

I gotta hand it to the pilot- he had more patience than I could ever muster.
hi55us likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I don't understand why lounges don't offer a few items to go. AA's Admirals Club at LAX T4 is closed for renovations, so they've set up a temporary assistance center and grab-and-go assortment of food and beverages. Being able to stop in for 60 seconds, grab a Chicken Caesar Salad and a bottle of San Pellegrino and take it with me has been really quite convenient. Probably costs less than someone who hangs out in the lounge for an hour or two and consumes far more food and alcoholic beverages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.